Best travel Kit for Tri-Mix

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
surferdad808

Best travel Kit for Tri-Mix

Postby surferdad808 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:28 pm

what is the best container for traveling with tri-mix

Bob1974

Re: Best travel Kit for Tri-Mix

Postby Bob1974 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:22 am

I keep 4 or 5 syringes, alcohol swabs and Sudafed in a hard sided clamb shell type case for eye glasses. I keep my Trimix vial in a Ziploc bag in a cooler. If you're talking about for a date... I would preload a syringe with Trimix and put it in my sock or wear shorts or pants with cargo pockets. A cigar tube might work well for a preloaded syringe? Maybe a gutted ink pen could be used if you cut the tabs of the syringe?
Age 47. Married in 2005. Tampa Bay Florida USA. Got ED 24 years ago from being paralyzed. Made a 90% recovery. See profile for more info...

newtoed

Postby newtoed » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:23 pm

If I have to keep the syringes cold for a few hours only I get a coffee thermos with two small freezable bags in it and keep the syringes sandwiched between them. If I fly I put the syringes in a small case with the prescription and a small freezable bag. I may put this inside another larger case with more freezable bags and put these between my clothes for more insulation.when I get to my destination I put everything in the freezer immediatelly. Small freezable bags are recommended so they comply with the 3oz liquid limit/bag by the TSA. Never had problems with this.
All the best.
Age 54, Single, Los Angeles. Stage 2 rectal cancer in 2013. Radiation, surgery, chemo. In remission for 5 years. Some ED before cancer, complete since. 2-3 units of Trimix 40/30/2 2-3 times a week since Feb/2017 with great success!

Cigar56

Postby Cigar56 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:01 am

Take a look at some of the products here:

http://www.frioinsulincoolingcase.com/

I also sometimes use a small coffee thermos with ice to keep the juice cold. Never any problems with TSA, including sending the thermos with ice through the x-ray.
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

newtoed

Postby newtoed » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:40 am

Just got back from a week long European vacation. I packed 5 profiled syringes, the prescription and 3 pretty big ice packs in a case. The TSA person opened it but was ok with it. During the week I had no refrigeration, but happy to report that the Trimix worked great even in the last day. I used 4 syringes successfully then dumped them, I didn’t want to bring any back. This was the first time I was away for a week and I was a little worried. But happy to report that everything went well.
All the best!
Age 54, Single, Los Angeles. Stage 2 rectal cancer in 2013. Radiation, surgery, chemo. In remission for 5 years. Some ED before cancer, complete since. 2-3 units of Trimix 40/30/2 2-3 times a week since Feb/2017 with great success!

MikeAN

Postby MikeAN » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:16 am

When I used Tri-Mix and would travel to Europe or South America I would use the "Insulpak Insulated Medication Travel Bag with Electronic Temp Display Cools up to 30 Hours"
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001H ... UTF8&psc=1

It worked as advertised. No problems with TSA.
1950. Implanted November 1st 2017 by Dr Andrew Kramer with Titian 22cm + 2cm RTE. Pump relocated and replace with Classic pump Jan. 24th, 2018. Pump failure 12/18, Replaced 2/13/19 by Dr Kramer. Revision by Dr Clavell, Feb 28, 2024.

crazyjoe

Postby crazyjoe » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:09 pm

I was just overseas for a week and used a similar method as Newtoed -- a Hydroflask thermos with ice bags surrounding the syringes packed in my checked bag. Traveled around a lot so it wasn't always in a frig but the Trimix held up very well and still worked at the end of the trip. I concluded it is more tolerant to higher temps than I thought, at least for a week.
75, used pills, injections -- all lost effectiveness. Titan implanted by Eid in Feb '22.

Return to “Injections”