How do I find a Dr that perscribes Tri-Mix

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
Cajun Jeff

How do I find a Dr that perscribes Tri-Mix

Postby Cajun Jeff » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:31 pm

I am looking for a uro that likes to use Tri-Mix. Do I just make appointment after appointment till I find one. Seems like alot of trouble. Must be an easier way.
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

franglais

Re: How do I find a Dr that perscribes Tri-Mix

Postby franglais » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:10 pm

x
Last edited by franglais on Sun May 22, 2011 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:41 pm

Mike I think I will give that a try. My GP said he did not think I would get an answer over the phone. It is not a rush I have a good supply of Caverject at this point but I do not want to fill the script again. $1700.00 Insurance does not cover.

Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

TexDad

Postby TexDad » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:26 am

I go for urological treatment to Dr. James Noble at Regional Urology in Shreveport, LA. If you live in NY or CA, this information is worthless to you. Keep in mind, though, that injectables are not necessarily a field of expertise of (most likely) most urologists. You'll need to work closely with your compounding pharmacy and your urologists as there are unlimited combinations of the medicines that that can and are combined as injectables, so if you don't get a good result from what a urologist may prescribe as Bi Mix or Tri Mix or Quad Mix, you have to tell them and work to get what works best for you. It took me a long time to learn that my compounding pharmacist was connected with other compounding pharmacists and they were happy to share injectable recipes, and my urologist and compounding pharmacist would talk and thus prescribe what I found worked best. Good luck!!

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:32 am

Thanks for the Reply. I do know that info...I do live in Louisiana but about4 hrs from Shreveport. I am trying to find one that is willing to do the work and write a script for the Tri-mix. At this time I use Caverject and it works fine. No pain. The problem is the cost of the drug. My insurance does not cover. $1,700. for the 5 small viles.

hiletroy

Postby hiletroy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:38 am

Why not look at the answer from the opposite direction? Find a compound pharmacy and ask the pharmacists which doctors prescribe trimix and use this list of names to find one who you can ask. If you explain to the pharmacist, most likely they will be glad to give you a couple names, maybe even contact the docs for you. Worth a try for people who have compounding pharmacies nearby

limpandfloppy

Postby limpandfloppy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:19 pm

I keep seeing Bi-Mix and Trimix bantered about. Remember there is a difference. Bi has 2 ingredients, and Tri has.......you get it. I have started with Tri. Works wonderfully.

franglais

Postby franglais » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:46 pm

x
Last edited by franglais on Sun May 22, 2011 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:43 pm

Guys: Thanks for the tips. I know there is not compounding pharmacy in Baton Rouge I have seen a list on Healing Well and will contact a couple of them to see if they know of Drs in my area that prescribe Tri and or Bi Mix. Will also ask the Dr about Papaverine as well. I do appreciate the tips.

Jeff

Return to “Injections”