How soon can I inject again?

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
newtoed

Re: How soon can I inject again?

Postby newtoed » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:45 pm

The most I did was injections 3 days in a row about 24 hours between. I didn’t notice any difference. I have to switch injection sites more diversely though. I believe injected on the same site may lead to scaring.
Age 54, Single, Los Angeles. Stage 2 rectal cancer in 2013. Radiation, surgery, chemo. In remission for 5 years. Some ED before cancer, complete since. 2-3 units of Trimix 40/30/2 2-3 times a week since Feb/2017 with great success!

Stew52

Postby Stew52 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:28 pm

Info from Caverject official lit: "The manufacturer recommends that this medication be used no more than 3 times a week with at least 1 day between each dose."
NOT an MD. 71, M51 yrs, CenTX US. Inj since 12/2016, a yr after pills stopped working. Caverject for a yr. 1/2018 Tri-Mix at 30 pap/2 phent/60 pge @0.3ml, now 0.5ml 80mcg/ml PGE1. DE/Anorgasmia setting in since 5/2019, worse now.

Cigar56

Postby Cigar56 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:13 am

Stew52 wrote:Info from Caverject official lit: "The manufacturer recommends that this medication be used no more than 3 times a week with at least 1 day between each dose."

The thing about that statememt is that it is just a "recommendation." Recommendation? That's the frustrating thing. That's like a wink and a nod. It's not a firm advisory. A stronger statement would be:

"WARNING: Do not inject more than three times a week, and without at least 24 hours between injections. Injecting at a greater frequency could cause scarring, curved, painful erections or erections that could last several hours and require surgery."

A warning label like THAT would be clear as a bell. Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating for that kind of labeling. But the current guidelines are ambiguous at best. However, I admit the safest, most conservative approach is to follow the guideline of not more than three times a week, with a full day off in between. Yet many of us, including me, are much more liberal in our use of the medication -- and with no adverse effects.
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

Shinto

Postby Shinto » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:40 pm

I acquired scarring(Peyronie's) from my first Caverjet injection for Doppler. That really happens.

Cigar56 wrote:I am not a doctor but I am not sure I buy the scarring argument. But that's just me. I think it has more to do with prolonged erections -- priaprism. An excessive amount of Trimix in your blood stream could lead to painful, extended erections. So, my theory is this is why the medical community advises waiting at least 24 hours between injections.

But again, I am not a doctor. We should all follow the guidance of our physicians,
26 living in China. Circumcision/frenectomy in LA caused low libido and mild ED, i.e. difficult to get aroused,but could erect when aroused.
Developed twist and slight curvature(Peyronie's) after 1st Doppler injection with alprostadil.

Cigar56

Postby Cigar56 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:32 am

Shinto wrote:I acquired scarring(Peyronie's) from my first Caverjet injection for Doppler. That really happens.

Cigar56 wrote:I am not a doctor but I am not sure I buy the scarring argument. But that's just me. I think it has more to do with prolonged erections -- priaprism. An excessive amount of Trimix in your blood stream could lead to painful, extended erections. So, my theory is this is why the medical community advises waiting at least 24 hours between injections.

But again, I am not a doctor. We should all follow the guidance of our physicians,

So sorry to hear about your scarring. Something must have gone terribly wrong for you to develop scarring the very first time you injected. Are you saying you injected only once and were scarred?

Once again, this just goes to show how injections affect people in different ways. I have injected hundreds of times over several years, including sometimes twice in one day -- but have never developed scarring or priaprism.

But again, what works for me might not work for someone else, and vice versa. Yet another reason we should consult with our personal physicians on matters related to our sexual health and not rely solely on anecdotal information.
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

NeedleD

Postby NeedleD » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:48 am

Cigar56 wrote:
NeedleD wrote:Hey Cigar! Looks like my voyage with injecting is coming to an end. 2 1/2 years ago you gave me some great support! Alas, now I am experiencing "lumps/bumps" at the injection site (they would disappear but it took several weeks) and my Uro has guessed but has no answers to the "lumps/bumps" and has instructed me to stop injecting.

Hey Needle D!

So sorry to hear about your issues. Are you planning to move on to an implant? Might be worth it to get a second opinion from another experienced urologist on the injections. Good luck and let me know how it turns out!

I resumed injecting 10-29, it felt great to be erect from Quadmix again. I only injected 5 units and it worked wonderfully. Hopefully no lumps. My Uro's staff is working hard to get my implant covered by Insurance.
Use Super Quadmix due to severe Venous leak.Have a GREAT DAY!

Return to “Injections”