How worrysome is bruising after an injection?

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
DP5689

How worrysome is bruising after an injection?

Postby DP5689 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:23 pm

I injected today while using a restriction band to maintain an erection. Immediately after removing the needle (I use an autoject) I noticed a little liquid near the injection site. I applied pressure with a alcohol pad for a couple minutes, but when I removed the restriction band I noticed a circular red area quickly formed at the injection site, it seemed like it formed right after removing pressure and removing the band. There was a little blood on the alcohol pad. It's a red area about the size of my fingernail with a darker spot at the injection site.

Have you guys experienced anything similar? I had a smaller bruise that went away when I first started injecting.

I know it's probably okay, but leaving for business travel on Monday and won't have the time to get it checked for weeks unless it's a real emergency.
Mid 30's. I have had ED for years after a couple of injuries. Suspected venous leak.

Stew52

Re: How worrysome is bruising after an injection?

Postby Stew52 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:49 pm

About half the time I get a drop or two of blood and occasionally a small bleed, even with direct pressure with the alcohol swab. It always leaves a small pink pimple welt. Once in 100+ times I got hit a vein and got a sizable hematoma. Just imagine getting a shot or blood draw leaving a small bruise. Per my post try a small injection of the material on your forearm and see what happens; see my post.
NOT an MD. 71, M51 yrs, CenTX US. Inj since 12/2016, a yr after pills stopped working. Caverject for a yr. 1/2018 Tri-Mix at 30 pap/2 phent/60 pge @0.3ml, now 0.5ml 80mcg/ml PGE1. DE/Anorgasmia setting in since 5/2019, worse now.

DP5689

Postby DP5689 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:16 pm

Stew52 wrote:About half the time I get a drop or two of blood and occasionally a small bleed, even with direct pressure with the alcohol swab. It always leaves a small pink pimple welt. Once in 100+ times I got hit a vein and got a sizable hematoma. Just imagine getting a shot or blood draw leaving a small bruise. Per my post try a small injection of the material on your forearm and see what happens; see my post.

What post are you referring to? Did you always heal up afterwords?

Edit: I just saw your thread. I don't think I have the same reaction as you, but I'll try it sometime when I have the time.

I think my bruising is from blood getting into subcutaneous lair.
Mid 30's. I have had ED for years after a couple of injuries. Suspected venous leak.

Stew52

Postby Stew52 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:23 am

I got a bit more bruising at the injection site initially being clumsy with the needle/syringe, moving it around laterally and radially fidgiting. Now more confident and smooth. It's in the setup. And I was not as careful missing small veins. Good daylight is best as suggested by someone here. Yes, the small bruises and wounds have always healed up. It took 2 weeks to fully absorb the larger hematoma and it spread broadly. I would imagine blood thinners including aspirin and natural like green leafy veggie, would exacerbate this tendency.
NOT an MD. 71, M51 yrs, CenTX US. Inj since 12/2016, a yr after pills stopped working. Caverject for a yr. 1/2018 Tri-Mix at 30 pap/2 phent/60 pge @0.3ml, now 0.5ml 80mcg/ml PGE1. DE/Anorgasmia setting in since 5/2019, worse now.

Stew52

Postby Stew52 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:02 pm

One additional thought that maybe folks who use rings can answer (I've only toyed a few times and do not like them, it feels like something is going to explode like a big purple balloon, and Ive never done it during injection). My concern is that the cavernosa is pressured up and may just push out more blood out the needle puncture. I don't mind being mildly aroused and at half or 3/4 mast when I inject - in fact prefer it - as it helps to make a better target both to avoid veins and get some depth, but personally I can't see injecting into a bulging purple unit.

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:06 pm

I never injected with a constriction band on. However, I often slipped on a constriction band after injecting without any issues.

I have also encountered bruising with a dark patch around the injection site lasting up to two weeks. I assume it was caused by nicking a capulare while inserting the needle.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

Cigar56

Postby Cigar56 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:13 pm

Don't worry about bruising. I am sure I have bruised myself dozens of times but I can't really tell. That's because I have dark brown skin.

So my point is this: We all bruise. If you are white, the bruise is really noticeable. If you are not white, like me, then you don't see the discloration.

The fact of the matter is that we all bruise sometimes, but in almost every case it is a non-issue. The bruise will go away.

Although I can' t see my bruises, I can feel them, and usually they go away after 1-2 days. It will be the same for your, I am sure. Just don't fret over how it looks and you will be fine. Bruises will become less of a factor as you become more proficient at the technique.
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

DP5689

Postby DP5689 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:57 pm

Thanks guys. The bruise doesn't look any worse than yesterday, so I think it will be okay. I think I missed and/or shook around a little too much with the needle in. That or I wasn't careful when removing it.

Injections work well for me when I hit the right spot, but I still have difficulty with it. Despite being young I have an essential tremor (my hands shake without reason or any underlying condition). It gets worse when I'm nervous or trying to be precise.

DP5689

Postby DP5689 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:44 pm

So I just had another bad injection. My hand must have shaken a bit (damn essential tremor) because when I pulled the needle out there a few drops of blood (small bleed). I immediately applied pressure and there is a small bruise in the area. No effect from the injection this time, lost my semi erection as soon as I injected and couldn't get it back, probably from worrying about it. I assume the needle just grazed my tunica instead of piercing it and that's why I got a bleed and busing but no erection?

I decided to log in here to look at my old post and remind myself that it resolved in time. Go figure it was almost exactly a year ago!

The weird thing is, I have one spot on one side that I can reliably hit, but when I try on the other side I end up missing more often than not. I almost always hit the same good spot, but I decided to switch it up and failed.

Last time the bruising went away after a few weeks, but I did get some odd pain in that area a few months later that went away after a while.

Stew52 wrote:About half the time I get a drop or two of blood and occasionally a small bleed, even with direct pressure with the alcohol swab. It always leaves a small pink pimple welt. Once in 100+ times I got hit a vein and got a sizable hematoma. Just imagine getting a shot or blood draw leaving a small bruise. Per my post try a small injection of the material on your forearm and see what happens; see my post.

Do you ever miss when you get a bleed? I.e. get zero effect?

Stew52

Postby Stew52 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:11 pm

My rear left seems like shoe leather and hurts more. I am finding I just cannot injct there. No peronies but must be some scar tissue from some injury or something (I m not a plaque former, heart CT calcium scan of zero). The mid-to-front left and right is all OK. I have a 1/2" sq in spot on the right that is my usual go-to spot when in a hurry or dim light which has no veins. Over 2 years of more sex and injections I have noted much more vascular development of the shaft. Like bulging veins when you do weights. That is good but increases the odds of grazing something. I just got a small few drops and 1/4" bruise the other day. That damaged spot leaves a tender red welt

Return to “Injections”