Storing Trimix in freezer

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
airhead

Storing Trimix in freezer

Postby airhead » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:28 am

Hey all. I have a question for those Trimix users who store prefilled syringes in the freezer. I've been injecting for 6 months now. Wonderful stuff. Have never had a 'misfire'. But, lately I have had a problem with the occasional plugged syringe. Maybe 50% to 65% of the time I'll get one out of the container I keep them in, thaw it with body heat, then when I go to move the plunger it's like it's still frozen. It's not. The needle is plugged with dried Trimix (I think). I've been storing them flat. Is that the problem? I should be storing vertical with needle up? I never had this problem when the batch was fresher. The product is still with in it's "use before" date, but just within. Just curious if any of you have had this happen.
Thanks!
Married 42 years. Heart attack at 58. Stented. CAD. Heart meds along with the CAD are raising hell with Willy's willingness to come out and play. Sildenafil works, but with annoying side effects. We're having a VERY enjoyable experience with Trimix!

Larry10625

Re: Storing Trimix in freezer

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:40 am

airhead wrote:Hey all. I have a question for those Trimix users who store prefilled syringes in the freezer. I've been injecting for 6 months now. Wonderful stuff. Have never had a 'misfire'. But, lately I have had a problem with the occasional plugged syringe. Maybe 50% to 65% of the time I'll get one out of the container I keep them in, thaw it with body heat, then when I go to move the plunger it's like it's still frozen. It's not. The needle is plugged with dried Trimix (I think). I've been storing them flat. Is that the problem? I should be storing vertical with needle up? I never had this problem when the batch was fresher. The product is still with in it's "use before" date, but just within. Just curious if any of you have had this happen.
Thanks!

After it thaws, draw the plunger BACK and shake the syringe forward and backward, then push out the air and try that. Hope this helps.

Larry

airhead

Postby airhead » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:01 am

The needle is plugged, so drawing back the plunger only creates a vacuum within the syringe. I will try storing the syringes vertically on the next batch while making sure the needle is void of any Trimix. I'll leave a visible air-gap above the solution so there's no chance any Trimix making it to the needle during storage.
Married 42 years. Heart attack at 58. Stented. CAD. Heart meds along with the CAD are raising hell with Willy's willingness to come out and play. Sildenafil works, but with annoying side effects. We're having a VERY enjoyable experience with Trimix!

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:46 pm

I've never experienced that.
I use 29 gauge. Are yours thinner?
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

graymare

Postby graymare » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:10 pm

I always draw a little more Trimix into the syringe than I will want to inject before I freeze the syringe. Then, after I thaw it out on the day of using it, I can eject a little of the Trimix just to make sure it still works and there's no air in it anymore.
Married, 66 yrs old, ED for 22 yrs. On TriMix for 5 yrs. Live in the Adirondacks of NY. Would be a nudist if it weren't for the black flies and the short summers. :D

newtoed

Postby newtoed » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:18 am

I never experienced this, but it also depends on the syringe brand. I started using Exec syringes and noticed that some Trimix was left in the string after I removed it from the Autoject. Some members say the BD brand is also “tighter” to move. This may not be an issue to those who do manual injections, but with Autiject it’s critical especially since I only use 3 units which is a drop itself.

I’ve had great luck with the Easy Touch brand and I’m going back to that. It also has 3 bevels so it’s lot sharper. I noticed I have lot less pinch with these.
All the best!
Age 54, Single, Los Angeles. Stage 2 rectal cancer in 2013. Radiation, surgery, chemo. In remission for 5 years. Some ED before cancer, complete since. 2-3 units of Trimix 40/30/2 2-3 times a week since Feb/2017 with great success!

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:19 am

graymare wrote:I always draw a little more Trimix into the syringe than I will want to inject before I freeze the syringe. Then, after I thaw it out on the day of using it, I can eject a little of the Trimix just to make sure it still works and there's no air in it anymore.

Smart idea. :)

Larry

Return to “Injections”