Trimix Injections After Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT) for Prostate Cancer

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
Cigar56

Trimix Injections After Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT) for Prostate Cancer

Postby Cigar56 » Wed May 23, 2018 3:24 pm

Hi guys,

I have been hanging around here a long time but have not talked very much about being diagnosed with a tiny bit of prostate cancer four years ago. The cancer cells have been snoozing nicely inside my prostate and remained very non-agressive all these years. But I have decided now is the time to take action before the little boogers wake up and get busy. I didn't want complete removal of my prostate via surgery, so I'll be starting radiation treatments before the end of the year.

Has anyone here who uses Trimix undergone Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT) for localized prostate cancer? I've battled ED a lot longer than prostate cancer and I'm hoping Trmix will still get me hard after I finsh the radiation sessions. Actually, SBRT requires (at least in my case) only five treatment sessions, but there is always the danger of new or increased sexual dysfunction with any treatment of the prostate.

So please holler if you've undergone SBRT and used Trimix before and after.

Thanks!
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

shooter1000

Re: Trimix Injections After Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT) for Prostate Cancer

Postby shooter1000 » Wed May 23, 2018 5:28 pm

The SBRT i believe is what is called the Cyber Knife at our local cancer treatment center. I believe that you are making a good choice in your selection of that methodology. I cannot give you exactly what you are looking for but I will share my experience. I had an LRP in 2006 and undetectable PSA for 5 years after the surgery. My cancer returned as a gleason score 10 tumor in 2013. My cancer center used conventional radiation to treat me. They have the SBRT equipment, but it was not thought to be the best approach for my situation. I had 35 treatments. I also took hormone deprivation therapy (Lupron). I was on track racing sports cars 8 weeks after it was over. No big deal. Four years on I ave undetectable PSA.

What you want to hear is how it affected my erectile functon. After my LRP. Tri-mix worked great. However, the additional effect of the radiation left me gradually upping the dose until a full syringe was nor really satisfactory. I could get it done, but not to my standards and it didn't last long enough. Therefore my implant. My thoughts would be go for it and see hoe the injections work. You always have the implant to fall back on, and in many ways it is superior to the shots.
Age 75 Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 03/22/2017. AMS 700 LGX 18 CM with 2 Cm RTE for a total of 20 CM. Previously used injections over 1000 no scarring

Cigar56

Re: Trimix Injections After Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT) for Prostate Cancer

Postby Cigar56 » Thu May 24, 2018 11:25 am

Hey Shooter,

Thanks! My journey will be similar to yours. Right now I am getting stellar performance from Trimix, and I will stay with it as long as that continues. However, if I start to "lose it" after my prostate treatment, then I won't hesistate to opt for an implant. I already know who my surgeon would be -- Dr. Dineen, in Daytona Beach, FL --just an hour's drive from my house.

Fortunately, I don't have to make that decision right now, and I'll see how it goes.
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

40buickcoupe

Postby 40buickcoupe » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:30 pm

well Im in same boat, had prostate removed 1.5 years ago started using trimig 2 months ago and my life returned great orgasems and can go for hours, well got word last week my PSA is now 0.12 low but doc wants to do radiation and im scared the trimix may not work, not sure if I want to go through with the radiation, Im 63 whats the odds of it killing me..

Cigar56

Postby Cigar56 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:15 pm

He 40,

Sorry for the tardy reply. Trimix should work after your radiation. Do whatever you must for your overall health, and then focus on erections. Good luck!

Return to “Injections”