BIG Problem with injections

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
rahod1

Re: BIG Problem with injections

Postby rahod1 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:21 pm

tomas1 wrote:If I know I missed the spot and wait long enough to be sure, I have re-injected with no ill effects.
I guess, better safe than sorry, but I know when I miss.

Agree...if you get no response within an hr...it's not going to happen.
However, a PARTIAL response is another story..you could risk priapism
if the 2nd dose is too much.

It puzzles me how you can *miss* though. Proper depth (using needle that's long enough)
and location should pretty much eliminate missing the cavernous area. I find auto injector
(Inject Ease with manual plunger) pretty bullet proof here. Of course fibrotic tissue formation
could be a problem for some...that's the only thing I can think of.

rahod1

Postby rahod1 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:01 pm

spanzo wrote:i would NEVER inject twice, even after 1/2 an hour. you can loose your penis!

yes you CAN miss the spot. if it does not get medicine into the corpus cavernosum, nothing is going to happen.

also, it does not instantly make a boner. Try standing up, and having your mate stroke things. standing up increases the blood flow down there.

I disagree. I had my first failure the other night. Nothing after 1/2 hr (usually takes no more than 15-20min). If you have no response within 1/2 hr,
you're not going to get one. I suppose you could wait an additional 15 min to be sure. I re-injected close to first injection (with the normal dosage) and it worked fine...no additional total erection time either.

ocitgo

Postby ocitgo » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:12 pm

rahod1 wrote:
spanzo wrote:i would NEVER inject twice, even after 1/2 an hour. you can loose your penis!

yes you CAN miss the spot. if it does not get medicine into the corpus cavernosum, nothing is going to happen.

also, it does not instantly make a boner. Try standing up, and having your mate stroke things. standing up increases the blood flow down there.

I disagree. I had my first failure the other night. Nothing after 1/2 hr (usually takes no more than 15-20min). If you have no response within 1/2 hr,
you're not going to get one. I suppose you could wait an additional 15 min to be sure. I re-injected close to first injection (with the normal dosage) and it worked fine...no additional total erection time either.

I have had several misses until recently. I did better the last 2 or 3 injections after I moved the injection site way back towards the base. I am using an Autoject EI with a 29 gauge 1/2 inch needle set to 5/16 inch. I believe is works better because the penis is thicker towards the base and there is less chance to miss the corpus cavernosum. I use an Autoject EI because I have a very bad tremor. The EI model has long indicator rod that show show progress and occasionally moves slow or stops. The last time I had that happen was before I moved the injection site as far back as comfortable to manage.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6746&start=10#p44061
ocitgo (Bob F), Bremerton, WA
Implanted 11/13/2017 AMS 700LGX 15 cm, leak, 3 cm rear tip
Implanted 06/17/2019 AMS 700LGX 18 cm, 1.5 cm rear tip

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:18 pm

Believe it or not, my wife gave me the injections. Very romantic. Not. Make sure your Dr. checks you for scarring if your contemplating an implant. I had some scarring from injections.
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Daddymac99

Postby Daddymac99 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:26 pm

RE: concerns that injector is too loose around the syringe.
Here's what I did. I purchased a 12" length of surgical tubing from Amazon. It was only a little over a buck but the shipping was about three dollars.(you can order any length you want)
With scissors I cut off a piece about three eights of an inch long and put it on the cap that fits over the needle after I remove it using a tiny bit of Vaseline so it will slide on the syringe after it is filled.
After filling the syringe I put the cap back on and slip the piece of tubing down on the syringe.
It's loose enough in the injector to slide easily to inject but tight enough that it keeps it on center.
I know some needles are different diameters but this works great on the standard insulin ones I use.
If anyone in interested it trying this I'll be glad to find the site where I ordered the tubing. Maybe even trying to take some photos of the process if I can figure how to upload photos.

Return to “Injections”