should I go to sleep with an erection?

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
tarheelgwb

should I go to sleep with an erection?

Postby tarheelgwb » Thu May 28, 2015 4:28 pm

just wondering guys. i generally drop off to sleep with an erection. my experience while awake was about 2-2.5 hrs.. am i at risk of devel priapism by not waiting for the erection to subside before going to sleep? when i wake up the next AM, its flaccid as usual. I use bimix about .22ml

age 57
diagnosed with PC sept'14
1/12 biospy pos. gleason 6
robotic surgery 3/9/15.
no normal erections yet. Dr say 6 months.
Last edited by tarheelgwb on Thu May 28, 2015 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
60 - Trimix user
Nerve sparring RP in March '15. Near zero natural Erections.

tomas1

Re: should I go to sleep with an erection?

Postby tomas1 » Sat May 30, 2015 6:01 pm

I suppose none of us want to weigh in on this one way or another. I do it all the time, but I always wake up every couple hours to hit the bathroom. If you do that, I'd go for it. Funny, but as soon as I get up and around, I lose my erections.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Membrillo

Postby Membrillo » Sun May 31, 2015 10:06 am

no , you shouldnt do that , it have the risk of piaprism. Its a bad choice to do that.

tarheelgwb

Postby tarheelgwb » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:06 am

Hummm. Well I don't always get up during the nigh to use the restroom. In fact the last time I went to sleep with an erection I did not wake up again until the next morning. Of course by then the erection was gone. So, if priapism does occur and there is resulting damage, how can I know? I Read that natural erections would no longer happen again. Are there external signs too? Will injections also no longer produce an erection? The reason I ask is that last night my injection produced Only a slight thickening, then totally disappeared after 10 mins. I have used injections now about 5 times and this is the first time I got nothing from it.

Please weigh in on this..
60 - Trimix user

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:12 am

I'd guess you just missed the right spot. It happens sometimes.
Drink more beer and you'll wake up more often at night lol.
85 years

tarheelgwb

Postby tarheelgwb » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:39 pm

well i did do an inspection of the inj site later on and it does appear to be slightly lower than the 9 oclock position. perhaps i did inject thru the caver.... and into in the urethra. As i mentioned i got a slight fullness starting, jept massaging some and it started upward. i figured then it was on the way up so i started my normal evening stuff, TV. etc....then boom, it was gone! CRAP! thought about doing another injection and the wife talked me out of it. probably best i suppose.
60 - Trimix user

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:59 pm

This morning I injected into junior when he wasn't very plump. I tried withdrawing some blood and nothing happened. I withdrew the needle almost half way and the blood gushed in to the syringe. It's funny but I still won't watch when they take blood samples. I'm not sure the angle has to be exact but just keep trying. Watch out for those veins though.
85 years

lexmc1945

Postby lexmc1945 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:13 am

tarheelgwb wrote:well i did do an inspection of the inj site later on and it does appear to be slightly lower than the 9 oclock position. perhaps i did inject thru the caver.... and into in the urethra. As i mentioned i got a slight fullness starting, jept massaging some and it started upward. i figured then it was on the way up so i started my normal evening stuff, TV. etc....then boom, it was gone! CRAP! thought about doing another injection and the wife talked me out of it. probably best i suppose.

If you pierce the urethra when injecting you'll be in no doubt because there will be blood coming out of your urethra.

That's my personal experience after injecting in an expensive hotel in Dubai and dripping blood all over the pure white bathmat, it didn't last long but it was very obvious.
Healthy 70yo used injectibles for 20 odd years, Alprostadil, Caverject and now a variation of bimix.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:28 am

tarheelgwb wrote:just wondering guys. i generally drop off to sleep with an erection. my experience while awake was about 2-2.5 hrs.. am i at risk of devel priapism by not waiting for the erection to subside before going to sleep? when i wake up the next AM, its flaccid as usual. I use bimix about .22ml

age 57
diagnosed with PC sept'14
1/12 biospy pos. gleason 6
robotic surgery 3/9/15.
no normal erections yet. Dr say 6 months.

On the plus side, it could help prevent you from rolling out of bed.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

lexmc1945

Postby lexmc1945 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:34 pm

In my experience it's quite safe to go to sleep with an erection, when I used Caverject I developed a sensitivity to alprostadil that meant I'd go to sleep and wake an hour or so later with a rock hard painful erection, nothing much helped and it went away after no more than half an hour but trust me it wakes you up.

When I last changed from Caveject to the fluid I'm currently using the doctor injected 17 units which was about double the Caverject I was using, he sent me away with four pseudo ephedrine based sudafed with instructions to take two in half an hour if necessary (I did) and another two half an hour later (I did) and call him if the erection hadn't subsided in another half hour. (it didn't) I went back and it took theree shots of I think it was phenelephrine and about 20 minutes before it began to subside.
Initially it was a nuisance but ultimately became painful, certainly it would have woken me up if I was asleep.

In my experience, if you've ejaculated and seen some slight softening as a result, you're unlikely to have a problem and if you do, as I've indicated above, you'll know about it, but if you've been sensible with the volume you've injected it's unlikely. If you do have a problem start with running on the spot, cold wash cloths, maybe a shower and see what happens. The most important thing is to start with a low dose and increase it, if you go up say one unit at a time I would think it's almost impossible to get into trouble.
Healthy 70yo used injectibles for 20 odd years, Alprostadil, Caverject and now a variation of bimix.

Return to “Injections”