sleep aids

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
graymare

sleep aids

Postby graymare » Tue May 26, 2015 9:20 am

I am one of those people that wakes up early all the time. This weekend I knew I needed to get some zzz's so I took one of those acetominophen PM sleep aids. It worked and I got a good night's sleep. The next evening though, my Trimix injection didn't work as well as usual. Would the sleep aid from the previous night have affected the Trimix? Anyone know how long that antihistamine lingers in the system?
Married, 66 yrs old, ED for 22 yrs. On TriMix for 5 yrs. Live in the Adirondacks of NY. Would be a nudist if it weren't for the black flies and the short summers. :D

newbie1

Re: sleep aids

Postby newbie1 » Tue May 26, 2015 2:57 pm

Every individual reacts and metabolizes drugs differently depending on dosage, age, weight, any health conditions, functions of organ systems, other substances (e.g. other medications, food, alcohol, etc) and many other factors. On average, diphendydramine (sedative ingredient in acetaminophen PM), appears in plasma in about 15 minutes and peaks in 1-3 hours and persists for up to 7 hours. Again these numbers could vary a lot. I have seen the effects could last almost 24 hours in some people. And in some others, it could cause the opposite effects.
ED many years, failed PDE5i, on Trimix but recently needing large increasing strengths and doses

Return to “Injections”