Fair price for Trimix

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
Chad22

Fair price for Trimix

Postby Chad22 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:33 pm

Hello everyone,
So I decided to finally go to a Urologist to get a script for Trimix. During my first visit he told me that he has "a guy" who will come in on my next visit to get an injection to determine the strength I need. From what I read on here, this all seemed pretty common. But, he then told me that the same doctor who injects me also sells his own mix of Trimix; which is what causes some concern. It just seems like a way to charge me more money. There are plenty of compounding pharmacies and I am curious what the average price seems to be at different pharmacies. But also, for anyone who buys Trimix directly from their doctor, do any of you get it at a fair price? Of course it will be easier to know once I actually have the Trimix in hand and know the potency of each compound. But, I would like to arm myself with as much information as I can before I go in on Thursday. Thank you for your help! I really appreciate it.

trimix60

Re: Fair price for Trimix

Postby trimix60 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:10 pm

When I want trimix, I just ask for it from my Uro, he orders it in and I pick it up at his office....I pay $115 for a vial that lasts me for a long time...it is a fair price and has worked well for me.

Good luck with your situation. I see no problem as long as it works and is fairly priced.

Cheers,

Curt

Chad22

Postby Chad22 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:05 pm

Thanks for your help. I was just a bit worried as it seemed a bit odd. Thanks again.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:49 am

I hate to be cynical, but I'll bet they will charge a lot more than a compounder.
When I got Testosterone through my doc's office, I paid $75 for 4 loaded syringes.
I now get a vial at my compounder for $60 that gives me 26 injections. I do buy my own syringes, but they aren't all that expensive.
Oh, by the way, I pay $110 for 8ml of Tri-mix. That is more than some guys here are paying, but I can live with the price.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

once a writer

Postby once a writer » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:24 am

I started trimix in January 2014 at $80 a vial from my uro. A few months ago the price went to $100. The price includes syringes and alcohol swabs. They always let me specify the number of syringes, based on how far I am stretching each vial (I do 10-12 units a dose). And just this week, for the first time, the packet came with a small frozen gel-pack that keeps the happy juice chilled on the ride home.
Eugene, Oregon, USA. Born 1941. Married 1968. ED since mid-1990s. Began trimix January 2014. Dosage gradually increased over time. Added cock ring in 2016. After dosage reached 30 units, switched to quad mix in May 2018. On blood pressure meds.

Gary59

Postby Gary59 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:09 am

Sounds like the Uro is acting like a middle man. Why would you want to go thru a middle man, if you have problems or questions? If you want to save some money, cut him out and find a Uro or a "Guy" that can help you directly. The Uro you choose should have Trimix on hand for the first instructional jab. Ask if they keep Trimix on hand before you agree to make an appointment. Then compare the price of your script with a local or mail order compounding Pharmacy. I pay $69 for 10 ml vial. I think my pharmacy will ship overnite in a cooler for an additional $20. I would never buy this stuff pre-loaded in a syringe.

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:15 pm

I get my Trimix from Avella Pharmacy in Phoenix at a cost of $80 for 10 ml. It is shipped frozen, packed in dry ice.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

Return to “Injections”