Put my big boy pants on - 3rd time is the charm.

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
RJ_in_Pa

Put my big boy pants on - 3rd time is the charm.

Postby RJ_in_Pa » Sun May 26, 2024 12:47 pm

Hi all,

I haven’t had a miss in over 10 of the last injections attempts. Finally getting confident in what I’m doing and it has been working out well.

Today, we had a window of opportunity, so after church I started the process and it was due for me to use my left side, which has caused me a lot of misses early on. I use an auto-injector, but I still have to depress the plunger.

I pumped up to about 75% as usual and swabbed my target site and popped the needle in.

I could feel some pain and was about ready to hit the plunger and I thought “NO”. I don’t want to take a chance on a miss. Pulled it out, reset it the injector and fired it in at a slightly different spot on the left side again. This time, I decided to give it a try, but when I tried to depress the plunger, it didn’t feel right.

So I decided I’m going do it again, but on the right side. Alcohol swabbed a new target site, popped it in, hit the plunger and this time it felt right and all went as it should.

This is the first (and second) time I’ve ever pulled the needle out, relocated, and tried a tried a different spot. I’m so glad I did, not just because I didn’t have a miss, but now I know I don’t have to fear trying a different spot.

RJ
63 Radical Prostatectomy 2023

Return to “Injections”