Help solving a quandry

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
sabaone

Help solving a quandry

Postby sabaone » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:29 pm

Compadres!

I have two questions, or issues regarding injections, and I need some advice. I was prescribed Bimix close two years ago. I started with a dosage of .20cc which worked for a while, then I had to up it to .30 and now .40. The last time I tried the .40 I got no reaction. Part may be due to the dosage and part may be due to the age of the Bimix, already a year old though it had been kept in the freezer.
My local urologist doesn’t seem to be familiar enough with the Bimix and Trimix, their relationship nor the need when to crossover. My two major question areas have a few parts each.

Question one
How do I know when it is time to make the change? Is it when the quantity of needed Bimix makes it less cost effective? Can one safely inject .50 and more into one’s penis without causing any immediate or future damage? I know you aren’t docs, so I only expect answers based on your experiences or acquired knowledge.

Question two
I live overseas in a country with limited compounding pharmacy alternatives, maybe just one. The rules here, due to the Ministry of Health, are such that the pharmacy can only provided pre-filled syringes, not ampoules or bottles, containing the prescribed amounts of ingredients the urologist writes. Yet I don’t know were I to stick with Bimix what dose of a fresh batch would work best for me, or were I to go to Trimix, what would be the best dose. I’d hate to pay for more mix per syringe than I can use, and, at this point, I also don’t know whether the pharmacy will demand that a minimum number of syringes be ordered.

So here’s the question. I will be going to New York City next month for three weeks. I’d like to find a urologist who could write a prescription that I could get filled there in bottles, not syringes. Does anybody have a recommendation? Of course, I’d have to make the decision of whether to go Bi- or Tri but I’d rely on the doctor’s expertise and advice.
Any suggestions on any of the issues I raised?
This group is a lifesaver!!
Thanks
Sabaone
DOB:2/1940; 4 Oct 2011, date of Robotic surgery
Gleason 3+4=7
Cancer confined to one lobe, did not enter capsule

tomas1

Re: Help solving a quandry

Postby tomas1 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:48 pm

I'd hate to have to inject .5ml/50 units mostly due to the cost. I guess when injecting high doses, you should inject it slowly. Also try to withdraw some blood to make sure you're in the "promised land".

I do think it's time for a change.

I know nothing about bi-mix, but I've had to go to a tri-mix formula of:
45mcg Hi PGE
27mg PAP
1mg Phent
I can get nice results injecting .10 to .12 ml. It's supposed to be about the strongest formula available, but I'm not sure.

I think NYC is probably a "nanny city" where syringes may be controlled, but I'm not sure. If you were going to Phoenix, you could get all the syringes and tri-mix you want (I think). Don't quote me, but I could probably fix you up with some tri-mix. (just kidding?).

I wonder if Uros in NY can prescribe the tri-mix in dry form so you can mix it with diluent yourself?

Sorry if I've been somewhat erratic. I've had a few beers today and walked in the desert looking for nonexistent game earlier.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:02 pm

saba,

Part may be due to the dosage and part may be due to the age of the Bimix, already a year old though it had been kept in the freezer.

A YEAR?? You had some hanging around for a YEAR before you used it up? That is just SAD .. so SAD.
Were you saving it for birthdays and holidays only or something??
Oh well .. this is coming from a guy who uses PGE-1 shots every single day .. sometimes twice on Sunday.
I suppose it depends on costs and supply and how crazy you are about getting a Erection now and then.

I had read in other posts that Trimix is not available outside of the USA .. what country are you in that possibly has it?

Ml for ml Trimix should be stronger than BiMix even though will have lesser amounts of BI and all of the TRI (PGE-1).

If you are using filled syringes now are you using a portion and then throwing out the rest? Or shooting multiple times with same syringe (not really recommended). Simple solution is to inject the syringes INTO a empty sterile vial and then redraw exact amounts from that vial (even reusing the syringe once). (Can you get syringes separately and cheaply?).

The idea of a Medical Tourism trip to NYCity sounds like a good idea -- but have no idea if you can get it done in three weeks and as a foreign national to boot. Could end up stymied anywhere along the way but I just don't know. It is hard enough for Americans to find a Uro to agree to prescribe Trimix (and often they want a second visit to show you how to shoot it -- and see if it is the right dose range -- but with you already a BiMix veteran maybe they will skip that part. You can certainly NOT show up for any second visit and cancel it - a doc would not be too miffed. Then there's the idea of getting multiple vials (essentially multiple refills at the same time). Not sure if a pharmacy will go for more than 1 fill per month (or visit) -- but since no insurance is involved maybe they won't care.

Also saying you will be leaving the country might make things worse .. so be careful about saying that ...

Hope your grand scheme works out...

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

sabaone

Postby sabaone » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:17 pm

First, I want to than Tomas 1 and JimStars for their quick responses.

I see I need to make some things clear. First, I have plenty of syringes with me. I don't re-use syringes. When I purchased Bimix, in the States, twice, once in Minnesota and once in NY, I received the MN batch in two 2.5cc bottles; the NY batch was in one 5cc bottle, which I didn't like. I haven't been a frequent shooter for a number of reasons, so my batches got old.

The prescriptions for both batches were written by the surgeon, in MN who operated on me, and, may in fact, be willing to write a new prescription but I'm not sure since I won't be able to visit him, were that to be important.

The idea of getting dry Trimix is excellent, and I will have to check on that.

There is no nationality issue involved since I am a US citizen, just one residing overseas.

Again, thanks guys.

Sabaone
DOB:2/1940; 4 Oct 2011, date of Robotic surgery
Gleason 3+4=7
Cancer confined to one lobe, did not enter capsule

ohohiakane

Postby ohohiakane » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:58 pm

Sabaone,

My guess would be that your BiMix has weakened with age.

I will continue injecting Trimix (and have) for 3 or 4 months after the 3 month expiration date, and usually have to increase dosage some. BUT.... My usual dose is only 3 units (.03 cc)

Also, my vials have a sticker on them that says "DO NOT FREEZE" ... so my stuff stays in the meat drawer of the refrigerator (appropriate, eh?)

I would try for a prescription RENEWAL from your original uro.

Good luck .... enjoy your visit

Bill
75 Year Old guy in Michigan, married in 1958, ED since late '90s, then surgery in 2008 (not prostate or other genital) damaged some nerves making the ED worse. Now on trimix

Personal email Ohohiakane@yahoo.com
am always willing to discuss stuff and help

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:26 pm

Saba,

On renewing from your original Uro surgeon I have a couple of experiences to relate.

First, my original Uro would write various prescriptions without me coming in for a visit.

Second, after a couple of years they did mention it had been a while since a visit and they'd do a one last prescription but that would be that unless I came in for a checkup at some future point first. So I dropped them after the prescription.

Third, my new Uro, whom I only used for Trimix and MUSE prescriptions said it would be fine to simply call or email in requests for renewals.

With your special location outside the US circumstances I suppose your old Uro might say OK.

good luck!

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

jryancey44

Postby jryancey44 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:58 pm

I have used trimix for over 15 years, here are a couple things I have noticed and been told by doctors. First all you can freeze it, it will last a lot longer I have used some that has been over a year. I know it says on it not freeze but a dr and a pharmacist told me that did not make any difference and when I asked pharmacy I got mine from they said the didn't know why they put that on and could not find any reason not to freeze it.

You will get use to the dose and have to up it gradually I was giving myself 80 units before my implant recently. I started at 20 years ago. It is very important you injection at about a 45 degree or less angle, pull it back if you get blood do not inject change locations,it does not work if you inject in a blood vessel. If you feel resistance while injecting pull it back a little, most of the time that works. There will be times,rare ,that it just does not work don't know why :? ,but 99% of the time it will. Give get an erection that does not want to go use sudafed and run cold water or put a ice pack on it. Alternate sides make sure you apply pressure for the first few minutes this will cut down on scaring. Your doctor can up the strength at any time, there something called super trimix, which is stronger. If you guys have any questions feel free to contact my e-mail is jryancey44@frontier.com hope this helps!

Jim

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:46 pm

My Trimix comes frozen in 2 ml vials with instructions to keep it frozen until ready to use.

My Uro in New Jersey(an hour out from NYC) prescribed Trimix after one visit and sent me home with a prescription after demonstrating how to inject with a rubber penis. The doc wanted a follow-up appointment, but you don't have to make the appointment. My mail order compounding pharmacy requests the doc to renew the prescription when it expires.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

Big Star Tom

Postby Big Star Tom » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:50 pm

I have read to with draw on syringe to see if you get a little blood. I have seen two different answers. Is blood in the syringe a good thing or a bad thing?
Tom from Big Star, Struggled with ED 10 years, 66 yrs old, loving life now in Michigan after receiving my AMS 700 LGX implant. Life is good. :D

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:57 pm

Blood in the syringe is normally a good sign. It means the needle has entered the CC and you are able to withdraw blood. If the needle does not enter the CC, it is difficult to withdraw blood.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

Return to “Injections”