Temp of injected fluid????

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
Ahappigui

Temp of injected fluid????

Postby Ahappigui » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:34 am

I have used these injected fluids from time to time and neither had I been told or read that they should be at room temperature when injected. I picked that information up from this site the other day. Any comments?
I also have been injecting at the 4 o'clock angle and read on this site, injections should be at the 3 o'clock angle. Comments?

JimStars

Re: Temp of injected fluid????

Postby JimStars » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:49 am

Aha,

Often I will take a ready-to-go syringe right out of the freezer of our mini-fridge and use it shortly after. They are usually not actually frozen but are no doubt in the 30s F. So I am a MANLY injector -- and cold does not make a difference in performance as far as I can tell (have done a few closer to room temp ones also).

4 O'clock ? Never heard of that one. Kind of an awkward angle isn't it? Are you twisting or rolling over the shaft to get it at than angle?

I am more of a 2 O'Clock man.

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

mike61

Postby mike61 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:40 pm

Has anyone experienced this problem, after inserting the needle and then wanting to push the plunger in, there's no movement and you think you are not in the right place?. But all that is wrong is the fact that the plunger is stuck and with a bit more pressure the plunger then moves in.

I make up about 5, 30g or 31g BD syringes with 3.5 units of Trimix and place them on the top shelve of the fridge and take one out about 15min before injecting. Could this be the problem, not reaching room temperature?

Any one else had this experience?

Mike
Age 63, married 1972. Tried all pills with poor results. Started trimix injections in July 2010. Fantastic results so far. My trimix formula is : 10 MCG Alprostadil, 9 MG Papaverine ,0.11 MG Atropine , 0.9 MG Chlorpromazine

985smith

Postby 985smith » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:30 pm

Yes I have had the same problem also,, you get the needle in and then the plunger won't move,, my wife is an RN and explained the problem
is the fact the rubber oring on the plunger is sticking to the cly wall, so what I do now is load and extra unit or so in the needle, then
just before you are going to inject yourself, just press the plunger enough to squirt that extra unit out into space, then inject and will you
will be surprised how easy it moves, have used that practice for 5 yrs, and works every time.
So sure when you load your needles days ahead of time, the stickage problem is worse.

hope this helps ,, let me know

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:16 pm

Perhaps it is an insulin procedure, but I was taught to first pull the plunger back to the unit mark which I want to inject. I then insert the needle into the upright vial and push in the plunger and force in the air which 1) unsticks the rubber ring, 2) fills the vial with air to replace the fluid which will be pulled out when you fill the syringe (avoids creating a vacuum inside the vial).

I never noticed a difference between warm and cold Trimix.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

chandlerman4649

Postby chandlerman4649 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:35 pm

I used tri-mix for 8 years before getting an LGX implanted 10 days ago. My doctor and the compounding pharmacist instructed me to ALWAYS keep the fluid in a refrigerator and use it before it gets anywhere close to room temperature. My pharmacist always packed the prescription in ice for me to take home because it is VERY sensitive to temperature. I also found that the very cold fluid didn't hurt so much when injected.

About injecting.... my uro showed me how to inject from the top straight down into the cavernosa. He said that if I injected from almost any angle, I could possibly push the needle (1/2"x30 gauge) through the cavernosa into the urethra. Not a very serious problem but a waste of med. After 4 years of injecting from an angle along the side of my penis, I discovered that injecting straight down (along the outer edge...not down the middle of the penis) it worked much better for me. I was also told to stick the needle into the cavernosa and then slightly pull the plunger out and if there is some blood coming into the base of the needle, then I knew I was in the right place. I also agre with the previous writer that overfilling and then squirting out a unit before injecting yourself will make the plunger work better.

But since my implant, I had the pleasure of throwing my left-over tri-mix into the trash. No longer needed.

Bob
64 years old. Struggling with ED for 15 years. Had AMS MS 700LGX implanted Tuesday, 07/09/13. New prosthesis implanted on Tuesday, 08/05/13 due to infection. Both implant surgeries done by Dr. Desiderio Avila Jr., Ironwood Urology, Phoenix, AZ.

jryancey44

Postby jryancey44 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:54 pm

Ahappigui wrote:I have used these injected fluids from time to time and neither had I been told or read that they should be at room temperature when injected. I picked that information up from this site the other day. Any comments?
I also have been injecting at the 4 o'clock angle and read on this site, injections should be at the 3 o'clock angle. Comments?

Should be about 3 o'clock or 45-90 degrees.

mike61

Postby mike61 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:29 am

Thanks 985smith and Bob for the feedback. Have tried out your recommendation of overfilling and then squirting out a unit before injecting, and I think you have the right solution as the plunger just slid in with not resistance last night, which has not happened for a very long time. Thanks guys for feedback :D .

Mike
Age 63, married 1972. Tried all pills with poor results. Started trimix injections in July 2010. Fantastic results so far. My trimix formula is : 10 MCG Alprostadil, 9 MG Papaverine ,0.11 MG Atropine , 0.9 MG Chlorpromazine

regguy1967

Postby regguy1967 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:13 pm

I was told that if you let it warn up before you inject it will help with the stinging.
50 YRS old Have had ED since 2005 started TRT in 2006 have used androgel, fortesta gels, aveed injections, and testapel implants testapel works the best so far. oral meds never really worked for ED used trimix with mixed results.

Return to “Injections”