Using the Prelude

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
PhilipS

Using the Prelude

Postby PhilipS » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:34 am

Is it too late to start using the Prelude for penile therapy if it's been 3 1/2 years since RRP surgery? My doctor never mentioned penile therapy, but I've been doing daily massage therapy on my dick as a way to try to keep the tissue healthy. I use a VED for intercourse about twice a week. Is the Prelude therapy better than what I've been doing?

Cajun Jeff

Re: Using the Prelude

Postby Cajun Jeff » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:15 pm

PhilipS: this is just a guess but at 3 + years out my guess is just use you pump daily. Im 3 years out and use the pump just about every day.

Cajun jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

regain-is-the-aim

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:38 pm

Phil:

Go for it!! I found this site at about the same time, post-op, as you. I used, and still do at times my Prelude. It is a wonderful device and I think it has helped me a great deal. Now, I had not used a Vac before, so you have an advantage I did not have. The Prelude is great and I have used it as I run thru emails and stuff. There is a real difference in feel and duration. It is a softer feel and I have always achieved a great hard without the extensive pressure. You can also, "massage" him, once hard, thru the cylinder. Oh Yeah!! That is a great, Great sensation and further enhances the experience and results as you further harden the guy. As you are discovering, it takes many processes and time- so enjoyment of "process" is important.

Since it is not expensive, I would use both. I still use my Prelude on occasion to mix things up with him and he seems to really enjoy the change! If you decide to use a Prelude, it comes in 2 sizes and is determined bu your girth not length.

To answer your ? directly, it may not be better but it is different. Both is not a bad thing. If I can help please let me know. If you do order and use I would be interested in your thoughts.

Welcome and enjoy this site. It is a good place and there is a lot of experience, support and humor here.

Regards,

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

PhilipS

Postby PhilipS » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:01 pm

I received my Prelude today, and tried it out right away. It worked very well, and I think this will be much better therapy, going forward, than the penis massage I have been doing up until now. The Prelude erection, while not as long and hard as a VED erection, feels perhaps a little more natural.

regain-is-the-aim

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:38 pm

Phil:

Great!! Have fun with your Prelude. Isn't it an amazing sight as you grow before your very eyes? I would suggest you use both the VED and the Prelude as a change. I do. Agree the results are not the same and I think that may be a benefit and your shaft gets a change of sensations from both.

Also suggest you keep up with stretching and exercises as well as using him frequently.

Regards,

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

PhilipS

Postby PhilipS » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:28 pm

Yeah, well of course I'll still have to use the VED for sex with my wife. Sometimes I use it before we start, so I can have an erection during foreplay, and especially when she goes down on me, then I have to go repump and put on a tighter ring for intercourse. Now I'm thinking maybe I can use the Prelude right before she sucks me, then go pump with the VED before intercourse.

PhilipS

Postby PhilipS » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:28 pm

I'm glad they were able to make the device transparent: it does add to the experience to be able to see what's going on inside the cylinder.

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”