How long does it take to pump up?

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
Lost Sheep

How long does it take to pump up?

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:01 am

At first, I was going to jus name this topic "How Long?", but that might have ben misleading.

I am pumping up as a pre-operational conditioning (stretching and oxygenating my penile tissues)

It is taking me 8 to 12 minutes to go from completely flaccid to a full erection I (manually) pump to a "burning" or "itching" sensation, then pause for a little while and then pump a bit more. I take care not to over-stress my capillaries or produce edema ("doughnut effect"). I did that early on. It did produce an erection 3/4" longer than what I get now, but obviously, that was too much.

I am getting just a little beyond what my "natural" erection used to be (I lost the ability to get a good, rigid one about a year ago, though even for several years before that, they were nothing like when I was 20 years old).

So, the question I have is, how long does it take the average man with erectile dysfunction to produce (his) normal-size erection using vacuum only?

Thanks for your help in this.

Lost Sheep
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

ocitgo

Re: How long does it take to pump up?

Postby ocitgo » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:21 am

I have 2 good penis pumps. The best is the Erecaid Esteem. The other is a Encore Deluxe. It is $125 on Amazon. It takes me about 15 minutes to get an erection. Most of the time I use the Erecaid bands. It took me many months to learn because I am slow and a place like Frank Talk takes time to discover.
ocitgo (Bob F), Bremerton, WA
Implanted 11/13/2017 AMS 700LGX 15 cm, leak, 3 cm rear tip
Implanted 06/17/2019 AMS 700LGX 18 cm, 1.5 cm rear tip

ocitgo

Postby ocitgo » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:22 am

I have 2 good penis pumps. The best is the Erecaid Esteem. The other is a Encore Deluxe. It is $125 on Amazon. It takes me about 15 minutes to get an erection. Most of the time I use the Erecaid bands. It took me many months to learn because I am slow and a place like Frank Talk takes time to discover.
ocitgo (Bob F), Bremerton, WA
Implanted 11/13/2017 AMS 700LGX 15 cm, leak, 3 cm rear tip
Implanted 06/17/2019 AMS 700LGX 18 cm, 1.5 cm rear tip

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:13 pm

ocitgo wrote:I have 2 good penis pumps. The best is the Erecaid Esteem. The other is a Encore Deluxe. It is $125 on Amazon. It takes me about 15 minutes to get an erection. Most of the time I use the Erecaid bands. It took me many months to learn because I am slow and a place like Frank Talk takes time to discover.

Thanks, that information is very helkpful.

I have an Erecaid Esteem. Lack of a pressure gauge is my main disappointment. But it's better than my previous VED (a vacuum cleaner and some PVC pipe).

I suspected I was pumping too fast, but 10 minutes seemed FOREVER. I am pumping, not so much for sex but as pre-op preparation.

About the bands. I have used one only once. My lover said it turned my penis purple (I was too distracted to really observe) and it was quite awkward (my first time to use the band). If I had a choice between coitus with the band and oral sex only It would be difficult to choose the band.

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:52 pm

I have been pumping and five or six times a week for about seven years. In addition to pumping for ED, I also pump to increase girth for about 20 minutes a day. Accordingly, my dick is very conditioned for pumping. Now when I pump for intercourse, I can reach maximum potential in about one minute.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:42 pm

Lost,

Like DT says, after years of pumping it does just take a few minutes. I too have a Encore (but battery motorized). One thing I did find out tho is my OLDER battery pump head ( 8 years old) would pump full speed all the way until it would just spin but not get any more suction.

I bought a newer pump head this year and this one slowly slows down and stops suction as it nears max. I don't like it as much since it does not bring me to full max (like about 3/4 inc over a normal Trimix erection). It seems that they redesigned the pump to not overpump. With no vac gauge I guess that is a safety measure.

But I still use the old beat up pump head most of the time as long as it gives good suction

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:47 pm

I have another question about pumping. Sometimes I get up to 5 and a quarter inches or longer and sometimes I can only get up to three and a half or four inches.

It doesn't seem to be any consistency to it. One time I try and I get full erection and one time I try and I don't. I never know from one time to the next what will happen. It's mysterious.

I suppose it must have something to do with placement of the cylinder on my pubis, but I'm trying to place the cylinder the same way every time.

Is there any enlightenment out there for me?

Thanks

Losr Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:48 pm

Sheep,

The two things that have caused not very full length are either leaking around the base or the other one is Stiction! I kid you not, if you don't have the inside of the tube lubed then the glans andnshaft will stick to the side of the tube instead of sliding and it'll keep from getting a good length .. even if you pump as much as always. One other thing is there is always kind of a pumping expand threshold to break thru in pumping where it goes from reluctant to expand to exuberant and fast expand/lengthening. If you give up before the second part you get Little Willie .. if you keep going you get Big Willie.

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:57 pm

My problem was 'willie' was too big and too hard and actually caused my wife pain. :oops: She never denied me or told me until I got my implant! :? I love her soo much and she loves my firm but much softer dick. 8-) Never rule out an implant!
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:08 am

JimStars wrote:Sheep,

The two things that have caused not very full length are either leaking around the base or the other one is Stiction! I kid you not, if you don't have the inside of the tube lubed then the glans andnshaft will stick to the side of the tube instead of sliding and it'll keep from getting a good length .. even if you pump as much as always. One other thing is there is always kind of a pumping expand threshold to break thru in pumping where it goes from reluctant to expand to exuberant and fast expand/lengthening. If you give up before the second part you get Little Willie .. if you keep going you get Big Willie.

J

Thanks, yes I have experienced the "stiction" thing. I discounted it as a source of my phenomenon because, even after repositioning so my penis did not touch the sides of the cylinder, I would still have the shorter length. But I could be wrong, as the one time (so far) that I used lube inside the cylinder, I got full (about my native, natural) length.

On another note, when I first started pumping, I got about 6 3/8", but also produced some edema and gargantuan girth. I think that may have been too much. I don't want to injure myself. Or scare my partner. While 5" may be average and 6" above average, my goal is to have healthy and working genitalia, not bragging rights.

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”