Vacuum assist to IPP (Inflatable Penile Prosthesis)

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
Lost Sheep

Re: Vacuum assist to IPP (Inflatable Penile Prosthesis)

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:18 pm

Jimbruski wrote:Lost Sheep,

I believe, but am not certain, that a vacuum cannot effect a change around a closed system such as an implant, thus cannot improve pumping characteristics because it cannot change the atmospheric pressure in the closed system.

I appreciate sparing with you. It makes me think, and like you, I'm just not certain!!

Jim

The give and take of civil debate is indeed valuable and often leads to discovery and truth. Different viewpoints overlook less than a single observer and different thinkers provide multiple coverages.

Note that the typical Vacuum Erection Device applies the vacuum only to the oenis and the cylinders therein. The pump, and more importantly, the reservoir, are still subject to full atmosoheric pressure.

This brings up my next question. If (even the lowest) vacuum is dangerous, could abdominal pressure be enough to inflate an implant without use of the pump bulb? Think of a crunch, situp or cough contracting abdominal muscles to induce auto-inflation on a VOLUNTARY basis.

Thanks for your ooen mind, Jim

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Jimbruski

Postby Jimbruski » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:13 pm

Lost Sheep,

Ok, you might be onto something. You place a VED around a penis which has an implant. Yes, the vacuum may effect a change because the cyclinders are elastic and will expand!!

That being the case, pumping should be easier, theoretically!!

Would I test this theory on myself.............NO!!! There are still too many unknown variables not the least of which is; How much vacuum to apply to an elastic sealed system?

He who takes this step without further testing outside of the body could find himself with a broken implant and a dick hickey!!

Thanks for your insight.

Jim
Implant December 1, 2016; AMS 700 CX 18cm x 12 mm +3.5 cm rte. 69 years old, married 43 years.
ED for 8 years, Peyronies for 3 years.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:19 pm

Think of the potential.

If a vacuum errction device could inflate an IPP by itself (a doubtful proposition, but what iff) and a deflate/inflate control valve installed at the reservoir (pethaps magnetically operated by a hand-help simple magnet or positioned near the skin surface to be operated by a finger push).

No pump in the scrotum.

One would still have to pump up with a VED (or perhaps oral suction), but the insertion surgery woul be easier, recovery less traumatic and pump and tubing complications absent.

As long as I am being fanciful, how about an electric pump at the reservoir? Batteries for pacemakers are made easily replacable and some batteries are rechargable by induction.

Lost Sheep

OK, pretty "pie in the sky" stuff, but intriguing.
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Lost Sheep

Re: DANGER Vacuum assist to IPP (Inflatable Penile Prosthesis)

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:15 pm

The greatest danger I have thought of is that the negative pressure might pull penile tissue away from the implant or separate some penile tissue away from other penile tissue, leaving space for blood or other fluid to pool and perhaps congeal or even become necrotic. This would be very very bad.

Figuring out a way to prevent such from happening would be correspondingly important.

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:50 pm

Seriously guys,
Is your implant 'that hard' to pump up? :roll: :roll:
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:02 pm

ddbryan1972 wrote:Seriously guys,
Is your implant 'that hard' to pump up? :roll: :roll:

The ideal would be to have it as easy to pump uo as it was with what nature gave us.

I have been impressed with the consistency of reports that pumping up is difficult in the early weeks. Anything to make that easier would be a boon, I think. As long as it does not increase risk of any kind of injury or other downside.

Remember what George Bernard Shaw said. The reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Trying my besr to be a reasonable unreasonable man,

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:42 pm

I cannot say for certain if a VED would have a negative effect on an implant, but I'm certainly not going to mess with it.
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:06 pm

Lost Sheep,
Your idea of the VED making pumping your Implant easier sounds feasible ... however after using a VED for 4 yrs. after my Implant surgery ... (at least for me) it does not make it any easier to pump up the Implant ...
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:57 pm

Bionic_by_AMS wrote:Lost Sheep,
Your idea of the VED making pumping your Implant easier sounds feasible ... however after using a VED for 4 yrs. after my Implant surgery ... (at least for me) it does not make it any easier to pump up the Implant ...

Interesting. Thanks. First-hand testimony is valuable and I appreciate you sharing your testimony.

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:55 pm

Lost Sheep,
You can see my Implant pumped up inside my VED ... I have venous leak so when I have the urge for a bigger "swell" in the head I use a ring and my VED. Look near the bottom of the page ...
http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1709&start=10

There is several other guys here that use a VED too after Implant ... Genome is one ... he mentions here:
http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=231&start=130
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”