How solid is erection after using pump?

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
steveb

How solid is erection after using pump?

Postby steveb » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:14 am

After using your pump, how solid is your erection? I know it will be hard to explain how solid it is, but once I have an erection using my pump, I can use my pointer finger and thumb and squeeze my erection and fairly easily push blood out of my erection. So much that I do not feel it is solid enough to achieve successful intercourse till the point of ejaculation. I have, what I feel is, a very good girth on my erection and the smallest ring will not hold the blood in tight enough to keep me from loosing it during intercourse. My pelvis was broken in 7 spots during an auto accident and I'm wondering if it has something to do with that. I had an ultra sound that showed I don't have sufficient blood flow to my penis but was never told if I have some type of leakage that would make this happen. I was just wondering your opinion if I need to try something else. I have not tried using two rings yet but the ring I used would be hard to slide a pencil through. Any Ideas???
Married 43 years old. Auto accident broke my pelvis in 7 spots which cause my ED

barfinkl1

Re: How solid is erection after using pump?

Postby barfinkl1 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:25 pm

I haven't used a pump in maybe two years but when i did, i had a VERY firm erection. And it was larger than my natural ones ever were. But it was cold and purple. Didn't care for it much, except for it's size. That was impressive.
Age 63 married 41 years...2 kids and 2 grandkids. Had robotic RP in Apr 2008. Negative PSA since then. Suffered ED initially from Type II diabetes and then the RP. Had AMS700 LGX implant on 7 Nov 11.

Viripse

Postby Viripse » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:24 pm

Just got my pump two days ago......produces very firm lasting erections.........they are longer and thicker than they were before ED. which started about 5 years ago.

This afternoon, I wandered around the house all pumped up and very comfortable for 20 minutes. It felt great to have a solid chunk of muscle down there....to be quite honest I can't ever remember doing anything like that before, even as a teenager.

As has been said over and over again...pump up slowly without a ring, reduce the vac., then pump gain...don't try to force it.......they say it's better in the shower.

I your penis deflates it must be leaking blood.....seems to me you are going too fast, not allowing the corpus cells to fill properly.......

Have patience, don't panic...... I know it will work.

for me it's the best thing since sliced bread.

good luck,

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:58 pm

I have been using constriction for over 15 years in order to maintain my erections. It seems that I needed to use tighter and tighter constriction as the years went by. I started pumping about two years ago and the cock rings I was using two years ago no longer maintain a quality erection. Last month I started using the Osbon medium pink ring. After 15 minutes of pumping, my erections are now the hardest they have been in the last 15 years.

When I first tried to stretch it out and slip it on my dry dick, I thought I had made a big mistake. I thought there was no way that little, hard ring would ever fit on my shaft. However, after a pumping session with a lot of lube on my shaft, I emerged still well lubed and to my astonishment I stretched it out and sure enough it slid down to the base. Within 5 minutes, my semi limp dick stiffened up to a 90% erection more than capable of penetration.

The problem with such a tight ring is that circulation is virtually cut off and sensation starts to fade quickly after 10 minutes and the ring needs to be removed after 20 minutes or you will be left with a dead dick, figuratively and probably literally. Also it makes it more difficult to ejaculate, but not impossible.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:27 pm

DT,

This seems a little odd to me:

However, after a pumping session with a lot of lube on my shaft, I emerged still well lubed and to my astonishment I stretched it (the ring) out and sure enough it slid down to the base.

It sounds like you are pumping up, taking your member *out* of the tube and then trying to stretch a ring on by hand -- before you lose erection? That ain't the way it is supposed to be done. Ring goes over the end of the tube and is snapped off onto the base of your shaft all while still pumped up to the max in the tube. Two rings are even better.

And yes you do lose sensation somewhat due to the rings. And yes after 10-15 mins it gets irritating wherever stray tissue gets pinched or bunched up.

Anyways, let me know if your ring-on technique is one way or the other.

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:42 pm

I do not use a medical VED, but a cylinder designed primarily for penile enlargement, Accordingly, the base has a flanged edge designed for comfort so it is not possible to slide the ring off onto the base of the shaft. The purpose of my post was intended to explain how a tighter ring can sometimes overcome the problem of a deflated erection and that the Osbon ring did the trick for me. I didn't realize that my non traditional ED cylinder would cause confusion. Now that I am more familial with the Osbon ring, I have figured out a way to slide it on first and then pump up my erection. I do appreciate your concern, however.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

Viripse

Postby Viripse » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:03 pm

I would strongly suggest that you start slowly.....in the shower...without rings....just pump slowly... don't create any tension or pain...then relieve the pressure, do it again and again, each time you will find you can tolerate more and more. The idea is to slowly re-inflate the millions of sacs that have been unused since your accident. It will never work if you are impatient to get there too fast.

Each morning I shower, place my pump with plenty of a good body lotion or KY Jelly, then dry off leaving the pump hanging while I shave......during which I will give it occasional extra pump or two. I prop the pump against the cabinet.

I have also noticed that you can see how long you are by placing your fingers on the bottom of the tube....I started with 3 fingers between the end of my glans and the pump itself, now when fully pumped there is only space for two fingers, or an approximate 1/2" increase in length....the girth has increased a full inch in about a week.

I do this shower bit, two or three times each day.....I have also been doing some penis stretching exercises after removing the tube and old fellow is still semi firm... feels good doing that too. I do kegels when ever I remember throughout the day.

I'm sure you'll get there...you are not only battling your injuries you may also be having psychological problems too. I know you will get over this dreadful time.....have patience, do your exercises regularly and come back to this forum for help, strength and good advice.

Good luck, dear boy.

Peckerwood

Postby Peckerwood » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:24 am

How long did it take you to master the pump? Also, how long would you say that it takes to achieve the kind of erection that really fills everything properly? This is a pretty steep learning curve for me.
Viripse wrote:Just got my pump two days ago......produces very firm lasting erections.........they are longer and thicker than they were before ED. which started about 5 years ago.

This afternoon, I wandered around the house all pumped up and very comfortable for 20 minutes. It felt great to have a solid chunk of muscle down there....to be quite honest I can't ever remember doing anything like that before, even as a teenager.

As has been said over and over again...pump up slowly without a ring, reduce the vac., then pump gain...don't try to force it.......they say it's better in the shower.

I your penis deflates it must be leaking blood.....seems to me you are going too fast, not allowing the corpus cells to fill properly.......

Have patience, don't panic...... I know it will work.

for me it's the best thing since sliced bread.

good luck,
Last edited by Peckerwood on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

antelope

Postby antelope » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:51 am

Littlejohn,

It seems from your comment that your wife may be applying lubrication on the day of or just prior to making the beast. Studies suggest (and our experience confirms) that post menopausal women often do better by applying vaginal lubrication 2 or 3 times a week without respect to the schedule of whatever sexual appointments may be pending. Just saying.

G
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

Peckerwood

Postby Peckerwood » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:53 am

Sounds like a great idea. Thanks for the suggestion.
antelope wrote:Littlejohn,

It seems from your comment that your wife may be applying lubrication on the day of or just prior to making the beast. Studies suggest (and our experience confirms) that post menopausal women often do better by applying vaginal lubrication 2 or 3 times a week without respect to the schedule of whatever sexual appointments may be pending. Just saying.

G

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”