Must Read - Benefits or pre-implant Vacuum Pump Dilation

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
Lost Sheep

Must Read - Benefits or pre-implant Vacuum Pump Dilation

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:39 am

I did find this interesting article about pre0op vacuum preparation.

http://file.scirp.org/pdf/ASM_2013012514045982.pdf

Easier for the surgeon.
Less loss of length
Less Pain post-op

Caveat: Continuing post-op (with the implant, not the vacuum pump) is necessary to avoid bad results; so if you are not assiduous, don't even bother.

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Bionic_by_AMS

Re: Must Read - Benefits or pre-implant Vacuum Pump Dilation

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:05 am

Lost Sheep,
I would agree totally with that article ... my surgeon had me start VED 6 months prior to Implant surgery. I regained the size I lost due to prostrate surgery and a slight case of Peyronie’s disease.

I used a cheap vacuum pump (under $20) from Amazon ... if you put in the time before and after Implant surgery you will have a much better result ...
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:23 pm

Bionic_by_AMS wrote:Lost Sheep,
I would agree totally with that article ... my surgeon had me start VED 6 months prior to Implant surgery. I regained the size I lost due to prostrate surgery and a slight case of Peyronie’s disease.

I used a cheap vacuum pump (under $20) from Amazon ... if you put in the time before and after Implant surgery you will have a much better result ...

Wow, $20 vs $200 to $500 for a medical grade pump is amazing. Do you remember the exact manufacturer/model?

When you say before and after, do you mean using the vacuum pump after implant and how long after surgery did you start? I have been advised that vacuum pumpng on an implanted penis might cause problems with the implant or the penile tissues around it. Also, I cannot imagine putting a vacuum on any time soon after surgery.

I have talked to my surgeon and he is not averse to using the preop vaccuum protocol, but did not see a need for it. He may be a GREAT surgeon, but he is not very "discussive" . He has recommended another doctor who he says might be more prone to discussing my questions.

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:00 am

Lost Sheep,
If you are just looking for a cheap pump ... go to Amazon.com and enter "penis pump" in the search box ... you will get thousands of results.

The "before and after" was before prostrate surgery and (after healing) and after (using the VED daily) ... after healing from Implant surgery I started the VED again to increase the "swell" in the glands ...

I posted a before and after showing the swell with the Implant ... yes a Doc will tell you not to ... but ask yourself "How does he know" since this is a fairly new technique. It's been 4 yrs. since my Implant and I VED several times a week with no issues ...

Look down at the bottom of the page: (VED with Implant)
http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1709&start=10
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:06 pm

Bionic_by_AMS wrote:Lost Sheep,

I posted a before and after showing the swell with the Implant ... yes a Doc will tell you not to ... but ask yourself "How does he know" since this is a fairly new technique. It's been 4 yrs. since my Implant and I VED several times a week with no issues ...

Look down at the bottom of the page: (VED with Implant)
http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1709&start=10

I wondered if using a vacuum pump would make inflating the implant easier.

I also wondered if a homemade VED could be made. A vacuum cleaner (with the suction carefully regulated by hand) worked well for me yesterday. I used PVC pipe for the chamber and held the vacuum hose near the open end of the pipe with my fingers regulating how much power went to the chamber. Maintaining a seal around the base of the pipe and maintaiming the vacuum if turning off the vacuum cleaner is desired remain unsolved.

A local store had some affordable units (under $40) but I wonder if the bulb operated ones can achieve sufficient suction. The maximum suction attainable is limited by the suction of the bulb returning to its resting shape. The piston type pumps, espcially ones with a pressure gauge are much more expensive, $80 and up. A lot cheaper than the true medical grade ones, but outside my budget.

Thanks for the informaton.

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:55 pm

Lost Sheep,
Yes the bulb type pumps work just fine for beginners ... if you look around at Amazon as I suggested you can find several types in your price range.

Penis Pump ($15)
https://www.amazon.com/UTIMI-Enlarger-Extender-Prolong-Enhancer/dp/B00RVJFSOQ/

Metal Vacuum Pump w/gauge ($24)
https://www.amazon.com/ABN-Vacuum-Brake-Bleed-Automotive/dp/B00KB9D3UO/

I have adapted the metal pump (above) to a cheap tube ... and have used it for 4 yrs. with no problems ... not bad for $40 ...

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”