Defective X30 - Possible Counterfeit

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
digdog

Defective X30 - Possible Counterfeit

Postby digdog » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:29 am

Hello All,

So I am a dumb ass and ordered my X30 from a retailer on ebay that did not have a long history and....

Anyway the unit arrived and did not seem to hold suction and finally I noticed it is leaking air back into the chamber in a steady stream of bubbles emanating from the valve assembly. I changed out the valve with one of the replacements that came in the little baggy that came with the unit. No change. Still leaking.

So I got looking around on the net and found a video (Made by Chris at GLL) about defective units in 2013. I looked at the label and manual for mine and it is mfg dated Jul 2013.

I contacted Hydromax support to see if there was a part that I could order to replace and fix the unit and after sending them pics of the labels they told my it is counterfeit.

They said it was based upon the fact that the label says "Aqua Red". He said it has never been called aqua red and has always been "Brilliant Red".

Is that accurate? Does anyone have an older unit and still have the box etc... can anyone confirm or deny this?

I am incredulous because if this unit is counterfeit they made an exact copy right down to the box, the manual, the extra parts, everything is perfect.

It does not really matter at this point because the ebay seller refunded my money. He said he did not realize the unopened item was so old. But he told me I did not have to return it.

So if I can fix it I will have a working unit (counterfeit or not) for free.

Any ideas on if I can fix it etc... would be appreciated.

Bob

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”