Adult store pump vs Med VED

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
linebackerJ

Adult store pump vs Med VED

Postby linebackerJ » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:43 pm

I have been ok'd to do pre-op VED therapy before my implant revision goes in. I ordered an average adult store pump online since this was all new to me and figured that is the easiest way to break myself into this new routine but now I am not sure it's the best thing to use. It works but I deal with what feels like the tubing from my current implant getting sucked in and I constantly have to keep pumping or the seal is lost against my pelvic area after a few minutes (it is cleaned/shaved so the the device seals well) since I am new to the pump this all seems a bit weird but I want to make sure that this revision is the best implant so far. I don't know if I am seeing any real growth/stretch since the failed implant is currently in place. Keep in mind this is all just therapy since I have a failed implant and there is no bands being put on to try and maintain an erection.

Are the med VED's the better route to go? I was thinking of ordering an Encore to see if it works better than what I am using. My surgery is only about 45 days away so I am not sure the cost is worth it as I wont use the pump after the revision goes in.

Since this is all new to me I am just looking for advice/opinions.

Thanks

alibaba

Re: Adult store pump vs Med VED

Postby alibaba » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:15 pm

I am happy with my 20 year old vacutec brand. Insurance always denied the doctor's office brand. I now know for a fact it would have been covered, just their standard line of b.s. I've since seen some of those $500 pups and frankly , I would not even want one. I've worn out many pumps over the years and these name brand fancy price ones do not look like they would hold up to my use. Doctor told me they have "built in limitations to prevent you from injuring yourself". d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:46 pm

For rehab, a good adult store pump system is the better way to go. I have done a lot of pumping over the last six years and based on my experience, for ease and convenience, I would recommend a LeLuv system available on E-bay for about $80.i aa It comes with a pump equipped with a vacuum gauge, I must as far as I am concerned.

You need to make sure the cylinder is the correct size:

Cylinder sizing according to,X4Labs

Base Girth --> Cylinder Diameter
3.50 to 4.50* --> 1.50
4.75 to 5.25* --> 1.75
5.50 to 6.00* --> 2.00
6.25 to 6.75* --> 2.25
7.00 to 7.50* --> 2.50
7.75 to 8.25* --> 2.75

I also recommend you engage in pulse pumping. I prepared the following for another forum:

The advantages of Pulse Pumping

There are two basic ways to pump your penis - static or dynamic pumping.

Static pumping involves pumping up to a specific vacuum level and leaving it there for the duration of the session. The most recommended vacuum level is between 4 and 5 inches of mercury (hg). The recommended maximum duration of a session to avoid excess edema is 20 minutes for an experienced pumper. During the session, the vacuum causes excess blood to flow into the penile chambers and, to a lesser extent, causes lymph fluid and interstitial fluid to slowly build up around the individual cells of the penis tissue known as edema. Edema is a natural reaction to the differential in internal and external pressure caused by the vacuum and is not harmful unless the build up becomes excessive. Excess edema generates puffiness and in extreme cases, bruising.bruising and possibly blisters.

As these fluids build up, the overall volume of the penis increases. As the size of the penis expands it displaces the air inside the vacuum cylinder thus causing the vacuum level to decrease. Accordingly, additional air needs to be pumped out occasionally in order to maintain the vacuum at the desired level (ex, 5 hg).

Dynamic pumping, otherwise known as pulse pumping, involves the same theory as static pumping; however, instead of leaving the vacuum at a constant level throughout the session, it involves periodically changing from a high level (ex 5 hg) to a low level (ex 2 hg). I personally recommend pumping up to 5 hg for five minutes and then lowering the vacuum to 2 hg to thirty seconds. The cycle should be repeated two more time during the session.

This technique mimics the natural process your penis goes through every night during rem sleep.

ocitgo

Postby ocitgo » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:12 am

I worked up to this.
http://www.vitalitymedical.com/timm-osb ... -pump.html

I have an Encore and a couple of cheap pumps I ordered on line or bought at a local Lovers store. The Encore works but not a well as the Erecaid Esteem Battery pump. The Encore for some reason makes my penis puff out much more than the Erecaid. I was able to get is at a much lower price just before Medcare stopped paying for it. I have heard the VA still pays for pumps. I am a partially disabled Vet and I might try to get one if my Erecaid dies. I get a small monthly check for a hearing loss.
ocitgo (Bob F), Bremerton, WA
Implanted 11/13/2017 AMS 700LGX 15 cm, leak, 3 cm rear tip
Implanted 06/17/2019 AMS 700LGX 18 cm, 1.5 cm rear tip

Jamesbond

Postby Jamesbond » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:48 am

I got one from LA pumps. Pump with gauge and cylinder kit cost me about $200
It gives a good stretch. Had it a few months. so far no problems
I did see it in a better adult store.
That was an expensive adult store. Years ago I got a relatively cheap pump from a store. Leaked and fell apart quickly.

About how long do you have to use a VED pump to see any increase in size, length?
The increase will it eventually result in a larger implant, maybe?

Going to try varying pressure.

Thank you
Thinking of getting implant. Have not done it because of the length I
have lost.
50, Straight, I miss women

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:36 pm

LAPump makes a quality system though the pump itself is a bit overpriced. The cylinder has a nice wide flanged base for extra comfort.

Pumping is primarily a girth generating program, though some length may be achieved. It took me about nine months of pumping twice a day for 20 minutes before I started to see permanent gains. However, I have read about other guys achieving quicker gains. After six years, I have gained 1.1" in permanent gains, though I may need to continue to pump occasionally so as not to loose my gains.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”