Pump (VED) with a Penile Implant

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
jackpTenn
Posts: 147
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:12 pm
Location: Collierville TN

Pump (VED) with a Penile Implant

Postby jackpTenn » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:41 pm

There is information in the Pump section that goes against the recommendation of AMS the manafacture of implants.

The question came up on a group several months ago about using a pump with an implant. I called Elizabeth Rea with AMS and asked her what they recommended. She said DO NOT USE A VED (PUMP) WITH AN IMPLANT. IT CAN NOT ONLY DAMAGE THE IMPLANT BUT YOUR PENIS AS WELL. She also said that the medical journals advised against it.

Let me say this from my prospective. If you think you need a pump to help you probally have an undersized implant. In my research I found a lot of men that complained about floppy head (glans).

Floppy glans can be from a couple of causes. A lot of doctors that do implants are not Male Sexual Function Specialist. They are fearful of erosion so they short the implant 1cm or more. A properly fitted AMS LGX will expand into the glans and completely fill out the corpora's.

If you have an implant and do not have the Penile Prosthesis Patient Information Form call your doctor or the manufacture and get a copy. This form is full of information. It will tell you your corporal measurements, the size implant you have and any rear tip extenders. It will also list your device components with Ref numbers and Lot numbers. Your corporal measurements and implant measurements with the rear tip extencers shoud be the same.

Jackp
Peyronies 1995
Penile Implant 10/08
Dr. Douglas Milam @ Vanderbilt
Normal Again

Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 498
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 11:06 am
Location: NYC

Re: Pump (VED) with a Penile Implant

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:00 am

you are almost certainly right. The pump rep who told me that pumps were ok with implants could well have been talking about the malleable rods....or he could have just been exaggerating the use of a pump. I called a doc who installs them and am waiting for an answer. I would say if there is any doubt, it would be really dumb to use one. I will take it off the page as soon as the tech guys can do it.
thanks
Paul

Tsanchez12369
Posts: 202
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:52 pm
Location: SAN Francisco

Re: Pump (VED) with a Penile Implant

Postby Tsanchez12369 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:16 pm

Actually the AMS patient post surgery video mentions your doc may recommend the use of the VED. https://youtu.be/1JMc2qWApmQ
Sept 11, 2018: excision, grafting (human cadever tissue) and implant. Doc is Dr Edward Karpman in Mountain View, surgery at El Camino Hospital, LOS Gatos CA. AMS 700 CX infrapubic 18 cm + 3 cm RTE. http://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php

User avatar
Quincy
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:03 pm
Location: Boise, ID

Re: Pump (VED) with a Penile Implant

Postby Quincy » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:50 pm

Thanks for posting this information and starting this thread. I have not used a VED since getting the implant but the other discussions on the topic had me wondering about it. So glad to have more information and consideration here.

Quincy
67, Boise area, Married 42 years
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation. Gleason 3+4=7
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

Larry10625

Re: Pump (VED) with a Penile Implant

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:25 am

Tsanchez12369 wrote:Actually the AMS patient post surgery video mentions your doc may recommend the use of the VED. https://youtu.be/1JMc2qWApmQ



Exactly. There are doctors who have done studies and written papers saying to use a VED. Somebody is full of it and I am going to get to the bottom of this subject once and for all. I'll post what I find out. :)

Larry

bldoink
Posts: 1400
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:58 am
Location: Fl.

Re: Pump (VED) with a Penile Implant

Postby bldoink » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:44 pm

This is an old thread. The original thread is 10 years old. Medical procedures can change a lot in 10 years. It sounds like that's what is going on.
R.R.P 2011 Mayo Jacksonville, Dr. Michael Wehle. Nerve sparing - badly damaged. C in margin. V.E.D, Viagra and PGE-1 (80mcg/ml) injections @ ~ 12 units. Originally Edex20, then compounded PGE-1 - cost. Inject. ~ 8 yrs. It works. Treasure coast of FL.

Larry10625

Re: Pump (VED) with a Penile Implant

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:13 am

bldoink wrote:This is an old thread. The original thread is 10 years old. Medical procedures can change a lot in 10 years. It sounds like that's what is going on.



Yea, that is a very good point. 10 years in the medical profession is a lifetime... kind of like computers, just not quite that fast. :)

Larry

DougAnd
Posts: 1152
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:10 pm
Location: Melbourne, Florida

Re: Pump (VED) with a Penile Implant

Postby DougAnd » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:50 pm

jackpTenn wrote:There is information in the Pump section that goes against the recommendation of AMS the manafacture of implants.

The question came up on a group several months ago about using a pump with an implant. I called Elizabeth Rea with AMS and asked her what they recommended. She said DO NOT USE A VED (PUMP) WITH AN IMPLANT. IT CAN NOT ONLY DAMAGE THE IMPLANT BUT YOUR PENIS AS WELL. She also said that the medical journals advised against it.

Let me say this from my prospective. If you think you need a pump to help you probally have an undersized implant. In my research I found a lot of men that complained about floppy head (glans).

Floppy glans can be from a couple of causes. A lot of doctors that do implants are not Male Sexual Function Specialist. They are fearful of erosion so they short the implant 1cm or more. A properly fitted AMS LGX will expand into the glans and completely fill out the corpora's.

If you have an implant and do not have the Penile Prosthesis Patient Information Form call your doctor or the manufacture and get a copy. This form is full of information. It will tell you your corporal measurements, the size implant you have and any rear tip extenders. It will also list your device components with Ref numbers and Lot numbers. Your corporal measurements and implant measurements with the rear tip extencers shoud be the same.

Jackp

I didn't notice the 2010 date. Was going to affirm that the AMS video I was given recommends using VED after implant for scarring.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata Hopefully fixed by Dr Kramer 6/19/19

johnherron
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:45 am

Re: Pump (VED) with a Penile Implant

Postby johnherron » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:42 am

Vacuum therapy is a non-invasive solution. Injections can scar tissue build-up which can result in bending of the penis. implants permanently remove a man’s ability to have a natural erection. Vacuum therapy, however, circumvents both of these problems.

Erection Pills like Generic Viagra also helps in treating ED

Larry10625

Re: Pump (VED) with a Penile Implant

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:38 am

jackpTenn wrote:There is information in the Pump section that goes against the recommendation of AMS the manafacture of implants.

The question came up on a group several months ago about using a pump with an implant. I called Elizabeth Rea with AMS and asked her what they recommended. She said DO NOT USE A VED (PUMP) WITH AN IMPLANT. IT CAN NOT ONLY DAMAGE THE IMPLANT BUT YOUR PENIS AS WELL. She also said that the medical journals advised against it.

Let me say this from my prospective. If you think you need a pump to help you probally have an undersized implant. In my research I found a lot of men that complained about floppy head (glans).

Floppy glans can be from a couple of causes. A lot of doctors that do implants are not Male Sexual Function Specialist. They are fearful of erosion so they short the implant 1cm or more. A properly fitted AMS LGX will expand into the glans and completely fill out the corpora's.

If you have an implant and do not have the Penile Prosthesis Patient Information Form call your doctor or the manufacture and get a copy. This form is full of information. It will tell you your corporal measurements, the size implant you have and any rear tip extenders. It will also list your device components with Ref numbers and Lot numbers. Your corporal measurements and implant measurements with the rear tip extencers shoud be the same.

Jackp



Good morning Jack; I had a conversation with Jamie Matson from AMS... she has been there 23 years. I told her that I watched the Patient Training Resource Video put out by AMS and in that video it recommends that the VED be used. She was shocked. Further, she says that the only reason they don't recommend it is because it has not been tested. The 4 top implant surgeons in North Americas recommend it as long as there is not a ridiculous amount of pressure. The closest I got to a straight answer is:
"Fully pump up you IPP, then attach the VED. Pump the VED until it's comfortable BUT one more pump would NOT be comfortable. Leave it like that for 30 minutes". :)

Larry


Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest