Urine Leakage

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
padraig1001

Urine Leakage

Postby padraig1001 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:07 am

Has anyone discovered (especially for those having had RP) that using the pump for therapy has helped to reduce and/or eliminate urine leakage? I'm not talking about immediately following the surgery; rather, a few years later. I was basically dry until this past year and I began to notice a light amount; not enough to wear pads or that would show through my trousers. One of my goals when I started pumping a few months ago was to see if I could strengthen those muscles. I'm thinking I notice an improvement, but not sure it's just in my head or not. :?

I would appreciate any feedback you might provide.

Pat

barfinkl1

Re: Urine Leakage

Postby barfinkl1 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:00 am

Pat ~ I have noticed a little discoloration in my shorts also, but it doesn't concern me too much at this point. I don't know if the VED will help or not. Kegels are the only thing I know of. I had to be prescribed Vesicare to help control my bladder, though. It helped me a LOT because I would have such urgency and frequency, it was terrible. Now I'm able to hold it pretty well, but if I push it too long, I'll wet myself before I can get my pants unzipped and the waterhose out! I figure it's all just the nature of the beast. I had my Robotic RP back in Apr 08 and so far, so good.
Age 63 married 41 years...2 kids and 2 grandkids. Had robotic RP in Apr 2008. Negative PSA since then. Suffered ED initially from Type II diabetes and then the RP. Had AMS700 LGX implant on 7 Nov 11.

padraig1001

Re: Urine Leakage

Postby padraig1001 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:32 am

Actually, since pumping I've also resumed the kegels; maybe a combination of the two might help. Thank you for your input.

When I had my RP, they didn't have robotics. There would have been NO question in my mind as to which type of surgery I would choose to undergo. I missed work (school teacher) for one whole quarter due to leakage . . . couldn't trust myself standing in the front of the classroom of teens. :oops:

That being said, my PSA is <0.013. My best friend who found his cancer a year after me (12 years ago) is suffering a recurence and it is now in his bones. When one has good health, he has everything. ED, as important as it is to us, is minor in comparison.

Pat

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”