questions RE pumps

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
bw1951

questions RE pumps

Postby bw1951 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:51 pm

My doctor has convinced me to buy a pump for penile rehab. I was hoping some of you guys might have answers to some questions: 1) I'm assuming my health plan won't cover it, but can it atleast be purchased from a "Flexible Spending Account" or "Health Savings Account". The IRS doesn't really address whether it is a qualified expense. 2) Any recommendations for one that is a good buy. 3) I'm not planning to shave or trim the area. Are there any that work well without shaving? Any that don't?

Thanks,

Brian

Snake53UK

Re: questions RE pumps

Postby Snake53UK » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:16 am

Up to you if you shave Brian, but al pumps rely on making a seal, hair makes it harder to do....and you will pull your hair out one by one as you remove the bands after use...ouch.... :o

The general feeling expressed here and my experince is that to get best chance of it working for you...shave...

cwatt1

Re: questions RE pumps

Postby cwatt1 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:10 am

I suspect that if you have a doctor's prescription for the pump there would be no problem with purchasing through a FSA or HSA. Any legitimate medical expense can generally be handled that way.
ED since using SSRI antidepressants. Unable to maintain erection sufficient for penetration. Tried PDE5's, VED, injections. AMS 700 CX implanted 8/1/2022, penoscrotal by Dr. McVary, Loyola medical center. 15cm + 1.5 and 1.0 RTE's. 65 ml reservoir.

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”