Trim or shave?

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
thephenix

Trim or shave?

Postby thephenix » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:37 pm

In anticipation of getting a pump, I thought I would trim first to see how that works before I defoliate the forest. Didn't want to spend a lot of $$ so have been strolling the shaving aisle of different stores when shopping there. Last week I found this Ear, Nose and Brow Groomer at Walgreens http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/wahl-e ... 16-product. This item is sold in the store only (not available online from Walgreens).

Did a quick search and Wally's has it in store only, but Target has it in store and on-line.. http://www.target.com/s/ear+nose+wahl?r ... 004a87ab0e

Amazon has the trimmer also, but more expensive. Ebay was listed, but did not look at listing. For $10 in store it was worth a try.

It works great!! I used the largest attachment and took my time. Even though it says "water proof", who knows? Before showering, I trimmed around and about all the 'bits' and was very pleased with the results. Another plus; now my wife won't chase me down with some big-a** scissors to trim my nose hairs! :lol:
73, ED for 15 yrs or so, no prostate problems, pills only partially effective

JimStars

Re: Trim or shave?

Postby JimStars » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:38 am

TP,

I suppose an electirc shaver like you have got will do for light trimming. I have always had the willies about power tools with sharp blades being close to Willy -- and of getting nipped during a moment of inattention.

I suppose having a sharp razor might be considered no better, but at least it makes no noise.

I use a Schick Quattro blades -- which are 4 superfine blades in the standard Schick holder -- very hard to get nicked.
But be warned that just like shaving your face with a blade -- pubes skin has to get used to a blade and you will have some rash and rawness for a while .. like a year maybe!!! ok maybe less.

I have been manscaping for 4 years now and don't get any red rash or ingrown hairs -- but if i skip a whole week it can be getting back to a little of that. So if you go the shaver route don't be discouraged by the first few weeks results -- just keep on going.

Also having a small or none fatpad also helps in that area since you can see what you are doing and without interfences from any skin folds etc.

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:07 pm

I use a Norelco Body Groom. It is specifically designed for manscaping. It is battery operated and is safe for use in the shower. I bought it on line for about $20. I have used it for over two years without any issues.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

thephenix

Postby thephenix » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:04 am

DT .....

I was looking at the Norelco Body Groomer (model 2040) priced at just under $70. What I bought worked fine. Don't want to shave if I can help it. Unlike some, I do have a belly and don't feel real confident about not seeing where the razor (safety or not) is going.
73, ED for 15 yrs or so, no prostate problems, pills only partially effective

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”