AMS vs "adult store" penis pump - A review

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
dtwarren1942

AMS vs "adult store" penis pump - A review

Postby dtwarren1942 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:01 pm

Thanks to Greggsherer, I have been using an AMS Soma Theropy Response II Prescription, manuel VED system for the past week or so. I have used it on four separate occasions. Twice with the smallest of the included tension bands and twice with an Osbon tension band (medium, regular tension) - $499.

For the previous three years, I had been using a system I put together using an "adult store" thick wall acrylic cylinder (VelSeal from PumpToys with a thick silicone collar for extra comfort - $99) and a brass break bleeder pump with vacuum gauge from Harbor Freight Tools - $17 with a coupon from an auto magazine.

I found the AMS system easy to assemble though it took a while for me to get the hang of forcing the tension band over the loading cone and onto the cylinder. Lubing the cone and tension band and applying a lot of force to push the band down onto the cylinder seemed to do the trick.  On one of my try's I broke one of the "ears" on my Osbon band. The secret is to use the tabs/ears to lift the main hole in the band up slightly to allow a finger to slide under the band on both sides. Once you have two fingers under the band, it is relatively easy to stretch the bands out and force them down onto the cylinder.

Once the band has been slipped onto the cylinder, it easy to place the "comfort ring" on to the bottom end of the cylinder and screw the pump onto the top end. Once assembled, lube up your dick and the base of the cylinder (improves the seal)  and slip the cylinder down over the shaft until it is secure against the fat pad. After two or three pumps you can feel the vacuum begin to tighten the cylinder against the fat pad and you can see the erection start to thicken and lengthen. Not sure how many pumps are needed to reach the ideal vacuum level. As an experienced pumper, I used my judgement, based on appearance and feel, to arrive at what I assumed was a good level of vacuum and engorgement. I remained at this level for 3 to 4 minutes (if you are new to pumping, it may require more time to reach proper engorgement) before slipping the  band off  the cylinder and onto the base of my shaft. Because, the vacuum had forced the cylinder to be pressed tightly against my fat pad, the tight band was seated  well down the shaft (actually inside the normal outside surface of my fat pad) and holding back my fat pad such that  I had gained at least an additional 1/2 inch of visible erection.  I was now ready to pleasure my wife with a nicely engorged and stiff erection which seemed to be longer than my unconstricted erection.

What I found; however, was that the Osbon band maintained a stiffer erection than the AMS small diameter band. I felt more secure that the Osbon band wold maintain a harder erection than the AMS band.

All in all, I was very pleased with the performance of the AMS, especially when using the Osbon tension band. However, I was a little uncomfortable with the need to guess at when I had reached the ideal level of vacuum.  Since I was only under vacuum for less than 4 minutes, the vacuum level was not a major issue. If one wanted to use the AMS for therapy or enlargement, the lack of a vacuum gauge is a major negative.

It is interesting to note that the above pump system which is medically approved retails for $499. However, I went on line and found a similar system -Vitality OTC also manufactured by AMS was available from the Medical Department Store for $99.

As I mentioned, I have been using a non medically approved pump system which I assembled for a cost of about $135.  It works equally as well as the above AMS system. For generating a good quality erection. It's advantages include 1) a more comfortable base which becomes significant if you intend to remain under vacuum for more than ten minutes (therapy and/or enlargement), 2) has a vacuum gauge so you know when you reach the ideal vacuum level., and 3) the brass pump is made of stronger materials which will allow it to last longer.

On the negative side, the inability to allow tension rings to slip off onto the base of the shaft, make it more cumbersome to apply tension bands. I find I need to adjust the band several times before I have it seated as close to the pubic bone as the AMS does right off the bat.  

If all you are interested in is generating a hard erection and you have insurance, the AMS is the way to go. If you do not have insurance, it seems the $99  Vitality OTC is a good choice. However, if you also want to engage in penile therapy and/or enlargement, I would go with a quality non medical system with a vacuum gauge.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

greggshere

Re: AMS vs "adult store" penis pump - A review

Postby greggshere » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Nice write up Don, I'm glad I could help the group out. Since I was only concerned with getting a good usable hard-on, the AMS worked well for me. Getting the band over the cylinder becomes much easier once you have done it a few times. Good luck to all those pumpers out there, no matter which one you go with.

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”