Blood in Urine after using VED.

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
Worried Guy

Blood in Urine after using VED.

Postby Worried Guy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:26 pm

Guys,
I posted this on HW but did not get a big response. I figured someone here might know.

I'm at 15 months and have made a little progress on the incontinence front, 100-150ml, if I'm careful. So now I am focusing on the ED department which is still falling far short of design expectations. Trimix works. But, painless or not, my brain can't get around the fact that a needle in the corpus cavernosum is the prelude to romance.

This past week, after a lapse of (shamefully)months I started using the pump again. At this point I'm not sure if it's like trying to feed a dead horse vitamin pills but at least I'm trying.
Here's the issue. Each morning after I use the pump the previous day, I get blood in my morning urine. Bright red, not old clotted stuff. I know it only takes a little bit to make the water look like a shark attack but still, it is disconcerting to see it. (On the other hand, drips on the bowl rim show up very nicely and are easy to wipe off.)

Does anyone else pee a little blood after they use the pump? I am not in pain and I am at my normal level of incontinence. Is blood a good or bad sign? I can argue either way.

(Good- It is stretching blood vessels and forcing blood into tissues that have atrophied.)
(Bad- It is tearing blood vessels resulting in scarring.)

Am I the only guy in the world who has this issue? I have not seen it mentioned.
Thanks
Jeff
Age 56, Gleason 3+4, BX 7/12 up to 70%, PSA 23 at DX May '09.
RP by DaVinci on July 21, '09 Both nerves gone. Incontinent.
Sling installed 1/2011 Works great. Now to fix ED.

regain-is-the-aim

Re: Blood in Urine after using VED.

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:58 pm

Jeff:

I'm reasonably new to pumping and finding it very helpful for me. I must say I have not experienced the "blood" issue. Also, I've been fortunate enough to not have the leakage issues after surery. I have had, at times, some dark "areas" along the shaft that do not hurt nor is the area tender. So sorry, I can't help. But I would, if it were me, talk with my doc about this. I don't think this is a normal side effect.

If you want to continue pumping I would suggest, I'm not a medical professional, that you do not pump up to the point you were pumping as far as "hardness" goes. I gather from your post that the prior times you pumped you did not experience the issue. Perhaps a go-very-slow may help your shaft get comfortable with the pressure and stretching. But, get an explanation for your doc and not- "don't do that" approach. If your not satisfied ask for a referral to a major med center where there may be a broader exposure to the lesser know issues.

Good Luck and please keep us posted as this could happen to any of us.

Regards,

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”