VEDs

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
CAG1943

VEDs

Postby CAG1943 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:15 am

Has anyone on this forum heard of or used the Vacurect pump?

Cajun Jeff

Re: VEDs

Postby Cajun Jeff » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:05 pm

Yes I have but dont remember what I heard about it. They are all basicly the same.

Cajun jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

knotreel

Postby knotreel » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:27 pm

Cag I have a Vacurect pump and they are different from the others in the way they pump and the errection ring design. They are more comfortable when they are being pumped as the ring is actually a disc that cushions the device and does not tend to draw your scrotum in or have the cylinder "cut" into you. The ring is different design as well.The best way I could describe it, it works like a check valve and the disc/ring is fitted on the cylinder end and the penis is drawn up into the cylinder with vacuum and thru the disc/ring. I find it more comfortable than the regular pump that I first used. The only negative I found is getting the ring off but if you use soap and water it comes off easier. I am guessing it might could be worn longer if need be and I did think the errections were better.After the ring is in place and you are erect you can easily put the cylinder back on the ring/disc and give yourself a "touch up" whereas that would be much more difficult with the normal tabbed ring that launchs off the cylinder. I no longer use mine since nothing works now, it will pump up my penis but it doesn't stay even a minute since my prostate surgery. I am getting an implant in Jan. I think it was about 150 bucks and I bought it on ebay ( new!). Sorry Jeff,but this one is different. I don't know why these are not very popular as it is an inovative design and very simple to use.
Ron
age 74 married, Robotic RP Dec.2009. Implanted Jan 2011 with AMS 700LGX and AMS 800 AUS. (AMS 1500). IPP failed March 2018 , leak. Planning an AUS revision (total replacement) in 2018, now I need the IPP too.

privet

Postby privet » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:07 pm

Did any of you tried Dr. Kaplan pump?
It looks very much like Osbon pump, but also has a gauge.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:15 pm

Ron, I would be interested in seeing this pump. Sounds interesting.

Cajun jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

notsostiff

Postby notsostiff » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:35 pm

I use a Vasurect Premier and it is great. It works a treat. I wish I had found out about it earlier than 5 months post op. At 6 months I can now have good intercourse and my wife is delighted at me being bigger than before surgery.
Had a robotic prostatectomy on 16 Dec 2010, with partial bi-lateral nerve sparing.

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”