What lubricants do you use with your pump?

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
kbota53

What lubricants do you use with your pump?

Postby kbota53 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:49 pm

As I posted on another thread, I have the firma ultra pump. It's a good system and comes with their lubricant which they say to use. I have a hard time believing other lubricants would make any difference as long as you do not get sloppy with it. To get the best seal, and results, it takes a fair amount of lube.

We had a tube of el-cheapo walmart lube which is water/glycerin based. Firma's lube also as glycerin and water, but also has silicone which is a little more slippery, but not as long lasting.

I've read where you can actually use cooking oils such as peanut oil or avocado oil which are cheap, and have the really nice perk of being ingestible with no concerns...uhm...if the wifey gets particularly turned on.

ahem;......

So, what has worked well for everyone else?

Thanks

k

Gingertom3

Re: What lubricants do you use with your pump?

Postby Gingertom3 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:58 am

KY Jelly is also water-based and marginally better than stores' own brands.It works for me.

jackpTenn

Postby jackpTenn » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:21 pm

K

I used them all whle waiting for my implant. The walmart brand worked just as well as the name brands.

My wife is a great fan of Dr. OZ. She tells me he recommends olive oil as a lube. Not the virgin or extra virgin just plain olive oil. We tried it the other night and it worked great. Very thin though so it probally will not work with the pump.

Jack
Peyronies 1995
Penile Implant 10/08
Dr. Douglas Milam @ Vanderbilt
Normal Again

Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:48 pm

guys,
Coconut Oil is all where it's at. I was told about it by Orgasmic Guy. It is available in the grocery store....non staining, washes off, slick, wonderful. Women REALLY love it! It is anti bacterial, good for your skin. great for vaginal sex, great for JO. It is solid above 76 degrees F. Try it. You'll never use anything else again.
Paul

Gingertom3

Postby Gingertom3 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:00 am

Coconut oil turns solid above 76F, you say. I would say vaginal sex turns up the body heat a lot, maybe above 76F. I don't want to get stuck in. It would be pretty embarrassing! lol!!

Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:51 am

LOL. OK, sentence dyslexia attacks! It turn to liquid at 76... it's solid below that. mea culpa!

but if you're going to be stuck...hmmm....super glue anyon e?
Paul

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:34 pm

LOL...Stuck....it depends on the position...Woof.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

Worried Guy

Postby Worried Guy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:26 pm

I've been using cheap Colgate shaving cream at $1.00 per can. I also use it for shaving while I am in the shower with the pump stuck on me like a leech.
Age 56, Gleason 3+4, BX 7/12 up to 70%, PSA 23 at DX May '09.
RP by DaVinci on July 21, '09 Both nerves gone. Incontinent.
Sling installed 1/2011 Works great. Now to fix ED.

kbota53

Postby kbota53 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:34 pm

After using the coconut oil for a few weeks now, I must say that it's a better sexual lubricant than anything we've ever used in the past. It even beats KY jelly, or any of the KY storebrands. I like it better than the lube that came with my Firma pump. It does a much better job at lubricating and lasts longer as well. We've always hated it when things were a little dry, we add ky, and then just as things are going well, we need a little more ky. Talk about killing the moment.

Anyway, there is only one fault I can find with coconut oil, which is that it's not water soluble. To clean up the pump tube, constriction rings etc,.... you must use a little soap.

For your skin, just rub it in. It actually works like a high quality lotion without the alcohol affect, which is a real plus. We sometimes shower together afterwards anyway, which makes that a non-issue.

A fairly large can of coconut oil is about $5 at Walmart.

Thanks for that tip Paul. I would never have thought of that on my own.

k

Gingertom3

Postby Gingertom3 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:19 pm

kbota, I bought some coconut oil at a healthfood store. There were two sorts - one for massage and one for use in cooking.
The one I bought was for massage. But when I got home and read the small print on the bottle, it said "not for internal use."
So, not wanting to cause any irritation to my wife's vagina, I will use it only for massage. So can I assume that the cooking oil is the one that is safe for sex?
I read on another site that an all-over body massage with coconut oil makes for very slippery slidey sex. Might try it sometime!

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”