New to FrankTalk, let's start with pumping

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
Mingusman

New to FrankTalk, let's start with pumping

Postby Mingusman » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:51 pm

Greetings--

I just found FrankTalk and, while it's great to have such a resource, I don't know where to start! So I'm going to jump in with penis pumps.

I've been using a pump for a few months now after my urologist recommended it because of my chronic impotence (separate topic) caused by a failed Rezum procedure (separate topic). I started with one of those Hydro-deals since I was seeing so many positive reviews online. I ended up throwing it out (sorry, landfills) as it did next to nothing for me.

I switched to a battery-operated deal which is definitely pumping me up to a pre-impotence level but I have questions:

--correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the concept the same from pump to pump regardless of the paradigm? I mean we're just talking a penis in a tube with something creating a vacuum pulling blood--theoretically--into the penis, yes? Point being, does the particular pump make a difference?

--I keep reading about people using it as a prelude to intercourse, but I am experiencing nothing that would effectively penetrate...anything. As soon as I release the vacuum my penis drops-off to a mockingly flaccid protuberance. I'm expecting someone to chime in with "venous leakage" but geez, that quickly?

--another weird thing I only recently noticed is that after a pumping session and I'm wiping off the lube, my dick is cold! Like it's just been sitting out doing nothing (as it will). But shouldn't it be warm if it had just been (theoretically) filled with blood? This has me a bit skeeved.

Anyway, that's me and my pump. Haven't been to the uro since implementing this contraption. Frankly (no pun) I've had a less-than-satisfactory run with various uros in the past 18 months (another topic) so I feel no draw to calling him on it. I dunno. He'll prolly just recommend an implant (yet another topic). I've been injecting for about 10 months to less-than-satisfactory results (still another topic) but the recent nosedive of my libido (yes, yes, another topic) has made that sort of moot.

So yeah. pumps?

Sorry if I've put too much stuff into one posting. I'm new here.

GoodWood

Re: New to FrankTalk, let's start with pumping

Postby GoodWood » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:09 pm

People using a VED as a prelude to intercourse are using them with a constriction ring (imagine a very tight cock ring). The constriction ring is loaded onto the exterior of the base of the VED tube. The pump is used making the penis erect, then the constriction ring is moved off the tube onto the base of the penis, preventing blood from flowing out of the penis, keeping it erect.

Some of us use a VED without any constriction ring, just to get the stretch of an erect penis, to try to regain lost length. The general consensus is that you can’t gain more than you had at the best of your youth, but you can regain losses due to ED and get close to your lifetime best.

I just use a cheap VED for the stretch to maintain length.
55yo, NYC. ED started at 40. 50 units BiMix + Atropine (Pap 30/Phen 6/Atr 0.2). Prostaglandins caused aching. Doses increasing. A cock ring helps. Phallosan Forte tension devise to maintain size. Eager to talk about implant experiences.

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:24 pm

As mentioned above, a “medical grade” pump is designed to allow a tight constriction band (I prefer the Osbon tension band) to be slid off the base of the tube on to the base of a pumped up erection to provide a hard erection foe intercourse.

There are also quality “sex shop” type pumps that can be used for therapy and/or enhancement. These pumps should have a vacuum gauge to monitor the level of vacuum inside the cylinder and should also have a wide flanged base for comfort. There are many threads discussing the various procedures used for therapy and enhancement.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

Alan810

Postby Alan810 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:32 pm

From your description vein leakage is probably the cause of your ED - same problem I have. The VED, by itself, will create your erection, but not h old it. I t will go quickly back to flaccid as soon as the vacuum is released. As with me, a ring or rings are needed to keep it and you'll have to try different sizes to accomplish what you want. After a lot of trial and error, I found the Osbon Erecaid the best due to their design. They have projection in the right locations to pinch off the veins so the blood doesn't leak out quickly. Again, you have to experiment with ring sizes and/or multiple rings. Even though they don't look like it, they can be removed fairly easily when you're finished with plenty of lube. Keep in mind there is a time limit of 30 minutes or less in which they must be removed.
84 yrs old. Married 40 yrs. On meds for B/P, Cholesterol and BPH. Greenlight procedure yrs ago. 30 yrs ED w/Retrograde Ejaculations. Tried Pills, Injections & different pumps. Excellent results with ErecAId pump & Beige D & Gray D rings.

Anonymous FT Member

Postby Anonymous FT Member » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:30 pm

Mingusman wrote:I switched to a battery-operated deal which is definitely pumping me up to a pre-impotence level but I

Sorry if I've put too much stuff into one posting. I'm new here.

Thanks for sharing the information and welcome to the forums. I'm curious what battery operated pump are you using? I don't know your age, but I'm 39 and our situation sounds similar. I have a"VED", but it's not really simple to use, and not really comfortable to me. I even went with a donut cushion on the base, but it still isn't all that comfortable. Because of all this, I don't use it very often at all.

As others have suggested, you may want to try a constriction ring albeit hopefully not too restricting. With a ring on, you might be able to hold your pump gains. Other than that have your tried arousing yourself while pumping? Would that even work?

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”