Question for manual VED users

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
stils73
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:24 pm

Question for manual VED users

Postby stils73 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:08 pm

My urologist recently advised me to get a VED for my ED. He recommended the Vacurect manual pump. I have tried it a handful of times and have been able to achieve a full erection. But to achieve a full erection is borderline painful. The user manual states the following..."The VED is designed not to exceed the safe preset limitations recommended by the FDA". I obviously don't want to overpressure but that statement makes me wonder if that's even possible. I have no way to know exactly how much pressure I'm applying.

To the Vacurect users out there (or anyone who uses a manual pump) have you experienced any overpressure issues? How do you decide when to stop pumping...by feel?

Here is an excerpt from the FDA page regarding vacuum levels and the link to the page that has all related info from the FDA.

"VVacuum Level – Vacuum pumps typically draw a vacuum of less than 17 inches of mercury. If the vacuum range of a new device differs substantially from that specification, manufacturers should conduct studies to establish the acceptability of the vacuum drawn by their device.2 The manufacturer should perform tests to verify the maximum vacuum level. The device should include an automatic safety valve to limit vacuum pressure to safe levels."

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/ext ... -fda-staff

Thanks!

Lost Sheep
Posts: 6114
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:16 pm

Re: Question for manual VED users

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:46 am

stils73 wrote:My urologist recently advised me to get a VED for my ED. He recommended the Vacurect manual pump. I have tried it a handful of times and have been able to achieve a full erection. But to achieve a full erection is borderline painful. The user manual states the following..."The VED is designed not to exceed the safe preset limitations recommended by the FDA". I obviously don't want to overpressure but that statement makes me wonder if that's even possible. I have no way to know exactly how much pressure I'm applying.

To the Vacurect users out there (or anyone who uses a manual pump) have you experienced any overpressure issues? How do you decide when to stop pumping...by feel?

Here is an excerpt from the FDA page regarding vacuum levels and the link to the page that has all related info from the FDA.

"VVacuum Level – Vacuum pumps typically draw a vacuum of less than 17 inches of mercury. If the vacuum range of a new device differs substantially from that specification, manufacturers should conduct studies to establish the acceptability of the vacuum drawn by their device.2 The manufacturer should perform tests to verify the maximum vacuum level. The device should include an automatic safety valve to limit vacuum pressure to safe levels."

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/ext ... -fda-staff

Thanks!

I over-vacuumed once. Gave myself edema. It went away after a couple of days of not vacuuming. I got over-enthusiastic about how large my erecion was under the vacuum and overdid it. The point of overdoing was when my vacuum-induced erection was larger than my natural erection (which I could still achieve with pills and vigorous stimulation, but not for very long would it stay).

Since I did not overdo it by very much, I did not tear or rupture any tissues to cause permanent damage.

Since my VED did not have a gauge, I have no idea how much of a vacuum I applied, but I let my penis size show me the limit.

The pain I experienced inside the vacuum chamber was not greater than the pain I felt when I had a raging hard-on as an 18 year old (which could be quite intense sometimes. A pleasant intensity at that age most of the time.

I wish I could give a more objective gauge than " not larger than your natural erection".

The best I can say is to pump until you are slightly uncomfortable and let that be your limit. The next day push that limit by a small amount. If you ever get edema, consider that a hard limit beyond which you should not venture past. At least not until your tissues get a permanent stretch.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

CanGetItUpButNoMore
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:27 pm

Re: Question for manual VED users

Postby CanGetItUpButNoMore » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:38 am

I generally max out in the pump at about 1" greater than my natural erection. There is discomfort from the pressure against my groin that is just short of painful. The negative pressure of the pump brings about a "donut" below the glans and there is an itchy discomfort that lasts 24 hrs. I have never encountered actual pain or any distortion that is long lasting.
68yo. Diabetes & hypertension drugs but none that are infamous for ED causation. Increasing ED compounded by frequent anorgasmia. Viagra for 2 years. Cabergoline experimentation inconclusive. New to pumping (Encore). Supportive (to a limit) wife.

Lost Sheep
Posts: 6114
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:16 pm

Re: Question for manual VED users

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:02 pm

CanGetItUpButNoMore wrote:I generally max out in the pump at about 1" greater than my natural erection. There is discomfort from the pressure against my groin that is just short of painful. The negative pressure of the pump brings about a "donut" below the glans and there is an itchy discomfort that lasts 24 hrs. I have never encountered actual pain or any distortion that is long lasting.

What you describe is exactly what I described in my post yesterday as the edema. I got that at about 3/4" longer than my natural erection and it took 3 days to subside.

I generally made sure to stay BELOW that level of vacuum since I was pumping the VED twice daily on most days for 30 minutes at a time.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

User avatar
bldoink
Posts: 3649
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:58 am
Location: Fl.

Re: Question for manual VED users

Postby bldoink » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:05 pm

When you start out just error on the side of caution. You'll learn how your body reacts a can then push the limits if you feel you need to. If you're causing pain you need to back off. If you're getting much edema you need to back off. If you're getting petechia you need to back off.
R.R.P 2011 Mayo Jacksonville, Dr. Michael Wehle. Nerve sparing - badly damaged. C in margin. V.E.D, Viagra and PGE-1 (80mcg/ml) injections @ ~ 14 units. Originally Edex20, then compounded PGE-1 - cost. Inject. 10+ yrs. It works. Treasure coast of FL.

dtwarren1942
Posts: 1905
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:58 pm
Location: Jersey Shore

Re: Question for manual VED users

Postby dtwarren1942 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:29 pm

When pumping up, pump until you feel slight discomfort and then back off slightly.. You can repeat the the process a minute or two later several times to achieve maximum expansion.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

Alan810
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:38 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Question for manual VED users

Postby Alan810 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:16 pm

I started with the Vacurect but changed to the Erecaid Esteem because I like their rings better. I pump generally every day with a cheap battery pump and vacuum just enough until it starts to feel uncomfortable, either on my groin or penis and then back off a little. I hold the vacuum for a while, release the vacuum and vacuum again. Most of the time the vacuum degrades by itself. I find that by pumping, holding, releasing, and repeating, I have very little discomfort and get used to it. I have also marked the cylinder, so I always know where I am as far as shaft length - both min and max positions. When using the Erectaid for intercourse, I do not go for the max - just for comfort. I think that stretching to much decrease's sensitivity - at least in my case.
84 yrs old. Married 40 yrs. On meds for B/P, Cholesterol and BPH. Greenlight procedure yrs ago. 30 yrs ED w/Retrograde Ejaculations. Tried Pills, Injections & different pumps. Excellent results with ErecAId pump & Beige D & Gray D rings.

Lost Sheep
Posts: 6114
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:16 pm

Re: Question for manual VED users

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:49 pm

dtwarren1942 wrote:When pumping up, pump until you feel slight discomfort and then back off slightly.. You can repeat the the process a minute or two later several times to achieve maximum expansion.

I adopted the protocol of backing off totally, to complete flaccid for a minute and then pumping up again (possibly more each cycle and you seem to suggest)..

The reason for this is to get fresh blood fullyl eschanged in my penis. Trying to keep those tissues as fully oxygenated as possible.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter


Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest