Constriction Ring painful when applying

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
vedman999

Constriction Ring painful when applying

Postby vedman999 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:47 pm

I’ve been using my pump (Augusta Medical Response II) for about 2 months. It hurts when I try to use the constriction ring. When slipping the ring off of the sleeve onto my penis there is quite a snap which is painful. I have used the training ring which hurt in the beginning but is Ok now. Will this eventually get better and stop hurting or am I doing something wrong?
diagnosed Aug 2011, T1C, PSA 4.3
Radical Perineal Prostectomy Oct 2011
Path result T2A
Oct 2012, PSA 0.007

perform421

Re: Constriction Ring painful when applying

Postby perform421 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:52 am

I am using the Osbon ErectAid and mine tends to do that somewhat. Quite frankly, I get excited when it grabs hold of the penis and keeps it erect and hard. My painful part has been removing the ring and I found that I really need to put more lube on and around the ring before I remove it as it tends to pull a great deal on my shaft. BTW, I have shaved around there and I do think that helps a great deal. All of this, JMHO. :-)
61, MWM , Radical Prostatectomy with robotical Jan.2, 2012. No seminal vessel cuts.

vedman999

Postby vedman999 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:36 pm

I found info on another post about a foam penile sleeve. It's suppose to help with the constriction ring and keep the scrotum from being sucked into the pump. I placed an order yesterday.
Path result T2A
Oct 2012, PSA 0.007

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:37 pm

Vedman,

On the painfulness of snapping the ring on, well yeah you are gonna get a little of that. Just suck it up! After all, you ARE VEDman! I used two really firm Osbon rings now ( the "D" size/pink and a grey) -- those snap pretty good off of a 2.5" OD tube -- and they are tough to get off as well).

As far as getting a ring off again, the best bet is to dig one index finger then the other index inger under the ring using a middle finger on each of the loops/ears to help get it started) Then just expand the ring slightly using only the index fingers to get it off. Repeat with the second ring. Can work even if the wings break after a while. Not much discomfort at all that way.

With Osbon rings, definitely do not try to remove it using only the little wings -- they are pretty fragile -- and also it'll be painfuller that way. Don't forget to file your nails down to a nub on those index fingers so you don't draw blood!

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

Eugene

Postby Eugene » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:22 pm

I use the Augusta pump system ocassionally as well. I can't say that I have had any similar problems with the use of the rubber rings. I trust you are using the correct size of rubber ring to begin with. Did your Urologist have a Augusta rep demonstrate and educate you on the use of that system? That might help. I declined such help as the Augusta system works fairly well for me and seems to be a rather straight forward device.
Prostatectomy and radiation therapy 2/05. AMS 700 implanted 9/17.

vedman999

Postby vedman999 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:14 pm

I've recently purchased the foam penile sleeve discussed elsewhere on this forum. That not only took care of the problem, but is
nice addition to the VED.
Path result T2A
Oct 2012, PSA 0.007

Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:05 pm

Hey!
Great that you tried the Penile Foam Sleeve. Most guys using it report that it is the best product for use with a VED. Many wish it were standard issue on every brand of VED.
Not only is it comfortable, but it also helps reduce the 'hinge effect' of the constriction band. They have two sizes...the short one is about 1", I think. The longer one is about 2".
We HOPE to have our marketplace going soon and will sell it on there. All we need is money!
Thanks so much
Paul

bama1gem

Postby bama1gem » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:50 am

I found one of these pumps when my father passed away and kept it, but have never used it. I have tried it on and put the ring on, have no problem there (Yes, I did suck it up when releasing that band). No problem getting it off, as it has two side rings on the band that you put your fingers in to stretch it and remove it. My question is, if that thing keeps the blood in, how does it allow you to ejaculate? Please tell me you don't have to withdraw and pull that thing off at the most intense moment...LOL

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:28 pm

bama1gem wrote: My question is, if that thing keeps the blood in, how does it allow you to ejaculate? Please tell me you don't have to withdraw and pull that thing off at the most intense moment...LOL

The Osbon tension band has an outward bend that enables the ejaculate to "pass through." However, it is still a bit restrictive and does make it a bit more difficult to ejaculate. Sometimes if I do not have a powerful orgasm, I am left high and dry. However, it is better than the alternative.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”