Penis feels suffocated by pump sleeve

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
Lost Sheep

Re: Penis feels suffocated by pump sleeve

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:12 pm

When I used a VED, I found it was easy to get my scrotum and testicles sucked into the chamber if I didn't take care. But it was easy to avoid getting them sucked in if I pressed the VED chamber against my pubis very hard and made sure to keep the opening of the tube UP against the underside of my penis (where the scrotum attaches).

I never had a problem sucking my nuts into the tube if I did that.

I did have my pubic haiir trimmed as short as I could and never did have to use lube. The pressing the chamber against my pubis was enough to get a good seal. I do not know if the lack of lube helped keep my scrotal skin from migrating into the vacuum. Anyone might try vacuuming without lube to see if it helps to do it that way.

Once a good vacuum was established, pressing the chamber hard on my pubis was completely unnecessary. Hands-free worked just fine at that point.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Anonymous FT Member

Postby Anonymous FT Member » Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:30 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:When I used a VED, I found it was easy to get my scrotum and testicles sucked into the chamber if I didn't take care. But it was easy to avoid getting them sucked in if I pressed the VED chamber against my pubis very hard and made sure to keep the opening of the tube UP against the underside of my penis (where the scrotum attaches).

I've tried to maneuver and position the cylinder like you say up against the underside of my penis, but when I do that I get a weird bulge of skin on the top side. I have attempted to pump without lubricant, but the penis drags and hangs on the cylinder walls. I ordered one of those pump donut cushions, so maybe that will help. Other than that I probably need a VED/pumping tutorial by an experienced pumper.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:53 pm

PSSDorAmINormal wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:When I used a VED, I found it was easy to get my scrotum and testicles sucked into the chamber if I didn't take care. But it was easy to avoid getting them sucked in if I pressed the VED chamber against my pubis very hard and made sure to keep the opening of the tube UP against the underside of my penis (where the scrotum attaches).

I've tried to maneuver and position the cylinder like you say up against the underside of my penis, but when I do that I get a weird bulge of skin on the top side. I have attempted to pump without lubricant, but the penis drags and hangs on the cylinder walls. I ordered one of those pump donut cushions, so maybe that will help. Other than that I probably need a VED/pumping tutorial by an experienced pumper.

Shaking the vacuum tube might release your penis from dragging on the sides. Either that or just lubricate on the parts of the penis (or the inside of the tube) where sticking occurs. Many suggestions about lube seem to me to have the lube where the base of the VED meets the pubis, which to me, was not needed.

Yes, I got a bulge like that. But I found it to be no impediment. Just a little wierd-looking.

I think the donut cushion will probably help. Essenntially a gasket.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:34 pm

It's much better to have your fat pad sucked in than to invite the boys to join the fun. :lol:
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Anonymous FT Member

Postby Anonymous FT Member » Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:37 pm

DougAnd wrote:It's much better to have your fat pad sucked in than to invite the boys to join the fun. :lol:

I can understand that completely. I just don't want to pinch off or kink any blood flow down there. I kind of wonder sometimes about the cylinder pressing in so deep. I know we have a certain amount of fat and skin, but did anybody else ever wonder about damaging something?

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:08 am

PSSDorAmINormal wrote:
DougAnd wrote:It's much better to have your fat pad sucked in than to invite the boys to join the fun. :lol:

I can understand that completely. I just don't want to pinch off or kink any blood flow down there. I kind of wonder sometimes about the cylinder pressing in so deep. I know we have a certain amount of fat and skin, but did anybody else ever wonder about damaging something?

For the length of time the VED is applied, the skin and fat are unlikely to be damaged. Most of those tissues are pretty elastic and resilient.

I suppose if one were to fall down on the VED, a compression cut could happen, but that is unlikely and the only scenario I can imagine that risks injury.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Anonymous FT Member

Postby Anonymous FT Member » Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:07 am

Lost Sheep wrote:For the length of time the VED is applied, the skin and fat are unlikely to be damaged. Most of those tissues are pretty elastic and resilient.

I suppose if one were to fall down on the VED, a compression cut could happen, but that is unlikely and the only scenario I can imagine that risks injury.

Thank you for the quick reply!

AnotherOldMan

Postby AnotherOldMan » Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:17 am

It's much better to have your fat pad sucked in...

If you were using ring(s) wouldn't that help reduce the "hinge effect" ?
Married 50+ years. Use VED for sex and do
daily exercises with both water and vacuum pumps.

Anonymous FT Member

Postby Anonymous FT Member » Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:16 pm

AnotherOldMan wrote:
If you were using ring(s) wouldn't that help reduce the "hinge effect" ?

Not sure what the hinge effect is. Please explain, and when you talk about rings, are those placed on the penis before or after pumping?

retexan599

Postby retexan599 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:50 pm

I get a good seal by coating the bottom edge/lip of the pump tube with a water based lubricating jelly (like KY). When the bottom edge makes contact with my groin, there is a good seal even without a sleeve. Indeed, if I induce the vacuum, then try to pull the tube off (before releasing the vacuum), the skin is pulled outward and you can feel the suction. I do not use a sleeve. Keeping the groin area well trimmed of hair is the most important preparation.
Age 86, divorced, single.
Prostate seed implant radiation (brachytherapy) 1999.
Like a ship without sailors: 'No seaman'. ;)
No implant.
Use electric Encore Impo-Aid vacuum system. #4 & 5 size cock rings.
Generic water based lube.

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”