Getting the rings on without losing erection

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
Erecaid7

Getting the rings on without losing erection

Postby Erecaid7 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:27 pm

I have the Erecaid Manual device.

I seem to have a trouble keeping the erection when I try and put the tension ring on. In order to put the ring on I lose the seal and when I do this my erection decreases enough to the point where it's not erect enough for sex. Is there any advice for this or do I just need to keep trying? I use plenty of lube, so I don't think that's the problem.

I also had a second question. Can I put a tension ring on BEFORE pumping? Does that do any damage or anything or is it fine? It seems like if I just put it on before pumping and during pumping that I wouldn't have that problem. I know Erecaid makes a tension ring, it's like a big circle that goes over the open end of the device, that actually fits at the end of the device. That way you don't have to worry about it.

So I'm just wondering if putting the ring on BEFORE and DURING pumping is okay and if anyone does it that way. If not, if there's any advice on how to get the ring on without losing the erection...that would be good.

This is a great board! Thanks!

regal1945

Re: Getting the rings on without losing erection

Postby regal1945 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:52 pm

:o No don't put on before pumping, must hve a horrible leak if you can't get ring on while pumped up.Maybe you have a cheap pump with no cone ring installer!

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:37 pm

Erec,

So your erecaid did not come with the circular insert? I thought they all did...

Did it come with a cone shaped ring loader? If it did use that to put the rings ON THE TUBE ... Not your cock.

The simple solution is to lube the outside of the tube near the base and stretch one or two rings over the tube .. Then pump up and slip the rings off while at max pumped size. If you think you"ll be using the pump long term then look into getting some Osbon rings ... Expensive but last forever --- unlike the crappy silicone ones.

Some pumps have a lip on them preventing this method but pretty sure Erecaid is a straight tube, yah?

Read up in the articles section here also.

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:42 pm

Erecaid7 wrote:I know Erecaid makes a tension ring, it's like a big circle that goes over the open end of the device, that actually fits at the end of the device

So I take it you don't have that type ... that fits over the device and goes in place prior to removing the pump?

Search for: "Encore ImpoAid Erection Ring Kit" at Amazon.com ($30)
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

Erecaid7

Postby Erecaid7 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:11 pm

I have the cone. I've actually never used it. I don't have any problem putting the ring on the cylinder. It's removing it from the cylinder to my penis that's the problem.

I also have the circular tension ring which fits on the device. The problem is that it's far too tight and hurts to even put my penis in there (I don't have a big penis, hahah). It's the EZ Ring http://www.erecaidpumps.com/erecaidbands.htm

I don't see why one can use that but not just put a ring on prior and during pumping. It's the same thing, isn't it? What would be the harm in putting the ring on before pumping?

I have a bunch of rings, from Erecaid and my own that I've purchased. I don't think ring size is really the problem. My problem is the process of rolling the ring off the cylinder and unto my penis. When I try I lose the seal and my erection before I can get the ring on. Is this just something that takes some practice?

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:42 pm

I do not have an Erecaid cylinder so I need to slip on the tension band (medium, standard tension) after exiting my cylinder. Accordingly, I loose a lot of my erection before I get the tension band in place. However, once it is in place, I start to kegel in more blood until my erection is restored and it is capable of penetration. Once I have penetrated my wife, I continue to kegel which in combination with the vaginal contact generates a rock hard erection.

You should try this with one of your tighter cock rings.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:15 am

Erec,

A delicate question but don't be offended? Do you have a substantial Fat Pad around your groin area? Can you even see the bottom of the cylinder? That's the only reason I could think of for having trouble getting the rings off the bottom of the tube after pumping up. Plus, as I mentioned be sure to lube the tube and the rings -- especially if it has a grove at the bottom too keep the ring from slipping off.

Putting the ring on should just be a SNAP ,, literally. ANd you'll be losing some vacuum then but not any pumped erection. If silicone rings with giant loops used, yeah, you'll probably lose all the vacuum when the rings are slipped on, but not before the ring is in place.

I suppose the big loops that are on the silicone rings might also cause some issues. That's why the Osbon rings are nice -- the handle loops are tiny (and somewhat fragile) but they sure don't get in the way at all when on tube or on cock.

Finally, if you have a hairy forest down there, it's gotta go. Either trim down as much as you can (1/4" or less) or if you dare, shave it all off. But be prepared for a shaving rash for a while since that skin won't be used to being scraped. Even after 3 years shaving I still sometimes get some rashness if I am to agressive on the shave. (But if you have a substantial fat pad then shave or trim could be tough to do also). The best advice on that is "Don't pay too much for cable and have a fat pad -- upgrade to Direct TV and lose the fat pad!" or something like that ... ;-)

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

Erecaid7

Postby Erecaid7 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:06 pm

Jim, I don't think there are any real delicate questions here, hahaha.

I don't have a fat pad. I can clearly see the bottom of the cylinder.

I also don't think I have a problem with sealing it unless I'm doing something wrong as I move the ring down. How can you not lose any of the pumped erection when you put the rings on? For a milisecond the seal is broken and some of it goes away.

I've seen one of the videos by Frank and it looks like after he slides the ring on he pumps once or twice to get what was lost in putting the ring on.

Perhaps I just need to practice it more.

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:39 pm

Erec,

Sounds like you are doing everything right then.

Do you use those rings with the big loops on each side (silicone) ?? As I said, those would interfere with the seal when you slip on the first ring for sure .. so the second ring might not capture all it could.

The millisecond it takes for the ring to take hold should be much quicker than any deflation of your penis? (in fact the squeezing of the ring at the base tends to queeze everything ABOVE (i.e your penis) even tighter and make it a little harder -- at least it does for me with Osbon rings.

The only other thing I can think of is if your penis is not filling out the bottom of the cylinder (and upways an inch or two (making kind of an extra seal/plug) then maybe slipping the rings on would allow a quick deflate. In my case the base fills out adding to the total seal. Taking the whole thing off after rings are on makes a good Thhhhuuuunk sound as the vacuum is finally broken evn after hitting the release button.

Are you just using the VED for recreation/rehab/more girth? You said the pills do work, right?

J

buckster

Postby buckster » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:05 am

I don't see a problem here. Pumping after the ring is on is OK. You just have to make sure the ring fits inside the pump for it to make a seal.
Buck
Age 68. Married 49 years. Location Oregon. PCa at age 56. Open RP surgery and radiation treatment. Oral or injection drugs didn't work. Implanted 10/13/20. Titan Narrow Base 18cm with 1cm left and 1.5cm right rear tip extenders.

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”