When can I use a pump?

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
floppsy

When can I use a pump?

Postby floppsy » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:45 am

Hi,
I had a laparoscopic prostatectomy 3 weeks ago and I am considering buying a pump to maintain penis health. I see my surgeon again in 3 weeks time but I would like to know if it is okay to start using a pump now. Am I in danger of causing any damage so soon after the op?

Cajun Jeff

Re: When can I use a pump?

Postby Cajun Jeff » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:04 am

If I remember right my Dr talked about it at my 6wk checkup and I did not get the pump for about a month..Thats about 10 wks. Talk to your Dr to make sure.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

regain-is-the-aim

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:50 pm

Flop:

I agree with Jeff. I think you might wait a bit and talk with the doc first. You do want to pump and there is time and it should help. But everything down there needs to heal and expanding him with a pump right now may not be the best course of action.

However, if your sex drive has returned- go for it. It is good for him and you and begins the process. Don't worry if you don't get hard. I didn't and the climax was amazing and it began the journey of rehab and finding my new normal.

Also, as you start to pump consider getting a "Prelude". It is described in the Pumping Treatments Section. That was my first pump and it is wonderful!! It is a great way to begin and is easy to use. Comes in 2 sizes determined by your girth not length. I used it first as it is a soft enlargement and a "gentle" way to begin the process of returning blood to the shaft. They are not expensive. Even after I got my first vac pump I continued to use it for another year as it was a different sensation and gave my shaft another feeling while filling the guy up and out.

Good luck and push your doc on a Penile Rehab plan. They can be fun. . . .

Regards,

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

floppsy

Postby floppsy » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:47 am

Thank you Jeff and Dick,

Good advice and I shall certainly discuss this with my surgeon when I see him in 3 weeks time. Dick, thanks for the advice on a VED, I shall look into the model you suggest.

Thanks Guys,

Neil.

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”