Could a VED make Ed worse?

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
Benjohn

Could a VED make Ed worse?

Postby Benjohn » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:45 am

Hey guys,

I'm not sure whether I should or should not start VED therapy and was looking for some feedback.

I'm a bit of an unusual case. My ED came on very suddenly after suffering from paraphimosis back in 2019. However, the urologists have been unable to tell me the exact reasoning behind my ED. Two penile doppler ultrasounds have shown no evidence of a venous leak. So that narrows me down to either damaged arteries or damaged nerves.

I'd like to start VED therapy as I have heard that it is helpful. However, I worry that if the paraphimosis already damaged/engorged the arteries in my penis that VED therapy will only damage things further.

Any feedback/info would be gratefully received.
British, 32 yrs old. ED caused by Paraphimosis in 2019. 100mg Sildenafil for sex. Trialled Invicorp as advised by doctor in 2021 but it was too strong. Taking 50mg-75mg of Sildenafil every night at 3am to stimulate morning erections, good response so far.

gjmjoe017

Re: Could a VED make Ed worse?

Postby gjmjoe017 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:20 am

My two cents would be talk to your doctor to be on the safe side.
71 yrs.old married,ED for 7 yrs.Pills for 3 yrs,TriMix for 21/2 yrs.6 1/2 inches flacid,71/4 inches erect,6 inches girth.Coloplast Titan put in 11/13/20,Dr.Bozeman,Arkansas Urology,Little Rock.22cm + 2 RTE.

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:26 pm

It could be possible that pumping under certain circumstances could make your ED worse. Many guys have reported that pumping therapy has helped improve their ED; however, I read somewhere that when you pump, you are drawing in 65% of the blood from the arteries and 45% of the blood back in through the constricted veins. I am not sure if the latter source of blood could generate a venous leak. This is something you should check with your urologist.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:39 am

I would put my money on vacuum (just enough to bring your penis to full erect size, but no more) would do no harm. Strething arteries or veiins, no to mention the tunica and othehr tissues to the point of discomfort should be done with caution.

Twice a day for 30 minutes or so would be enough to combat shrinkage, it has been shown in medical studies.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:45 pm

Pumping, if done safely at proper vacuum levels (below 5 hg) and for less than 20 minutes replicates the process a normal penis goes through every night during REM sleep to maintain it in a healthy condition.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”