Sex shop versus medical grade

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
T-Bone

Sex shop versus medical grade

Postby T-Bone » Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:24 am

I've noticed that the Soma pumps are a popular choice among medical grade with alot of members here

But what about the sex shop pumps?

Can anyone be brand specific in naming their favorite sex shop pumps

I have 2 goals with these treatments, salvaging my shrinking flaccid dick from no nocturnal erections

Even more I'd like to have an alternative to injections for sexual intercourse, with this hopefully giving me a sustained erection suitable for intercourse

AnotherOldMan

Re: Sex shop versus medical grade

Postby AnotherOldMan » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:19 am

Most "sex shop" pumps I have used have some sort of lip on the end of the cylinder making them difficult if not impossible to use with restriction rings. I have experimented with pumping then releasing the pressure then adding a restriction ring to the resulting swollen softy and repumpimg.. My success was mixed at best. I had to fit the cylinder over the ring so a vacuum could be created when I repumped. Some of the times the vacuum pulled the ring up my shaft so far as to be useless.

I use a LeLuv pump for regular everyday penis exercises. The one I have was around 16 or 17 bucks on Ebay. Works great for its purpose.

A medical grade pump is a more expensive investment. I have an Encore with manual and electric pump. It could be used for both daily exercise and for sex. We rely on it for our twice a week sex so I would just as soon not put the extra miles on it and use a cheaper LeLuv for daily use.
Married 50+ years. Use VED for sex and do
daily exercises with both water and vacuum pumps.

GoodWood

Postby GoodWood » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:31 am

If you want to just pump to maintain size a sex shop pump that has a pressure gauge seems fine. I think I paid $15 online. No particular brands to suggest.

But if you want to pump to add a constriction ring (not a cock ring, but a constriction ring) to maintain the erection the pump creates I think you’ll want a medical grade pump. They are designed to work in concert with their constriction ring in a way sex shop pumps aren’t. Lots of recommendations on this site for medical grade pump brands. I’ll let others suggest their favorite.
55yo, NYC. ED started at 40. 50 units BiMix + Atropine (Pap 30/Phen 6/Atr 0.2). Prostaglandins caused aching. Doses increasing. A cock ring helps. Phallosan Forte tension devise to maintain size. Eager to talk about implant experiences.

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:47 pm

Sex shop pumps are all that’s needed for penile exercises. Keep in mind that the wider the base rim the more comfortable the cylinder. Also, the system should include a vacuum gauge. LeLuv cylinders are good, LAPump Distributors are better ($90), and PumpToys with silicone gasket are the best ($100). I have coupled my cylinders with a Harbor Freight brake bleeder pump with vacuum gauge ($27.) However, I had to source the Quick disconnect male fitting PN: 5012k251 ($1.42) from McMaster and Karr
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”