Vacuum Pump Scams

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
Mickysee

Vacuum Pump Scams

Postby Mickysee » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:40 pm

BATHMATE: A scam
Suffering from ED (venous leak), my urologist suggested I try a vacuum pump before considering surgery. Research lead me to a Bathmate Hydromax 7. I liked the ability to combine it with my shower routine and, although expensive ($170), I was persuaded by its boldly stated 60 Day Money-Back Guarantee, in which they claim that when you buy through the official Bathmate website (which I did), “we’ll give you a complete, no-questions-asked, 60 Day Satisfaction Guarantee!” I received it quickly and was impressed by the quality of the finish but I was decidedly NOT satisfied. I tried it a half dozen times, rigorously following the instructions, looking at the videos, combing this website for tips from other users, and contacting Bathmate that basically only provided me with instructions that were just copied from their website. It was not only awkward to use in the shower but it didn’t work AT ALL; I could never get a vacuum seal and therefore experienced no effect from my considerable efforts. This made the device worthless to me. So okay, this wasn’t for me, but no problem, I had the “Money-Back Guarantee”, right? WRONG! I contacted them about how to return the device and received a response from “Mel” who said I could keep the Bathmate and they would refund 35% of the cost of it. This was not satisfactory to me as it didn’t work and I wanted to move on and find another one that did. When I conveyed this to “Mel” he disappeared and after five attempts to get a response of how I could utilize the guarantee, I’ve come to the conclusion that this company, despite all of its slickness, is a fraud. I’m out the $170 but I’m posting this so others who, like me are looking in good faith for a solution to a difficult medical problem, will not be duped.

Bigdog4all

Re: Vacuum Pump Scams

Postby Bigdog4all » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:02 pm

Try reading here......The Encore System should solve your problem....

I've used it for years.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14402
72, AMS 700 LGX. Married to an Angel. Discovered ED at 67. Path = Diabetic, Supplements, Pills, Needle, Pump, and finally AMS 700 (2-8-24).

Up4Real?

Postby Up4Real? » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:24 am

Mickysee,
I am sorry to learn of your problem. If you paid with a credit card you may have additional recourse. Given the circumstances you describe this shouldn’t be complicated.There is normally a phone number on your paper or digital bill for customer service. They can walk you through the dispute process. God luck.
1947-76YO Uncut Married 47 years to supportive wife. Serious ED at 65YO. Used pills, VED, rings, Muse, Increasing Trimix: discontinued with 85 units of 80/3/25 didn't work. Got peyronies. 22cm Coloplast Titan 11/18/20. Legacy pump.125ml reservoir. Pleased

AnotherOldMan

Postby AnotherOldMan » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:33 pm

I have used a Bathmate. It was years ago, but for a couple of years everyday at shower time I used it.
There is a steep learning curve, at least for me and I sense for you, to mastering the use.
I'm not sure of how the up to date ones are made or what comes with them.
Are you using a comfort pad with it? Without one it was always kind of harsh on the abdominal area.
Have you tried vaseine on the area that makes contact with your body?
When I was pumping with a Bathmate I used this around the edge--https://www.pumptoys.com/catalog/All-Products-7/Lubricant-17/Glyde-14.html
Starting totally flaccid, my experience is it takes 4 or five tries to "plump up" sufficiently to be successful.
Married 50+ years. Use VED for sex and do
daily exercises with both water and vacuum pumps.

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:27 pm

Try pressing the cylinder into your fat pad when You start pumping.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

AnotherOldMan

Postby AnotherOldMan » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:18 am

Have you shaved your pubic area? I found shaved pubes to be essential when using a water pump.

young_and_impotent

Postby young_and_impotent » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:28 pm

Still have it. Could never get it to work.
28 year old with severe lifelong ED.
Implanted in New Delhi on 26/12/19 with AMS CX (15x12) + 4cm RTE
Post op length 4.5 inches from ~ (5.5 to 6) inches. Disappointed!
Wish to have a revision to LGX some day.

Mickysee

Postby Mickysee » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:21 pm

Thanks for tips re: getting Bathmate to work. I have tried all of them, several times, and could never get it to work. I have moved on— gotten another brand which works well— but am still most pissed about their scam of a money back guarantee and their total silence to my civil emails regarding it. Those useless pieces of hardware aren’t cheap!

AnotherOldMan

Postby AnotherOldMan » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:27 am

— gotten another brand which works well—

What did you end up with?

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:20 pm

My Physical therapist after surgery puttee on to the cheap $30.00 units from amazon. I cant see why anyone would pay more. I did later buy a silicon comfort ring $10.00 from CalXotics.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”