Question on Soma VED

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
SW0110

Question on Soma VED

Postby SW0110 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:14 pm

I have a question on the Soma pump. I have made some comments on the implant section, but it looks like I will have about 5 or 6 months until I can go that route. In the meantime my regular doc recommended I use a VED along with the traction, and Pentox until I can get something done more permanently. I bought myself a Soma and am wondering about a couple of things. It has the three cylinders, but I am not getting into the smallest one at all. Not happening, I would have to shoehorn my dick into it. The medium one is good with about a 1/4 inch leeway flaccid, but I am worried about the expansion of the tissue to fill the tube. It is a bit daunting to me. I am already dealing with peyronies issues and the last thing I want to do is do any more damage until I can get this taken care of permanently. I have a pretty good curve and right now have been told an implant would take care of it, probably. Last thing I want to do is hurt myself again. I know that it will expand with blood no issue to get the girth, but am wondering if anyone has had an issue with the expansion using the vacuum, and hurt themselves further.

Might be a bit of a crazy question, but not sure if blood gets pulled in or is it more of an air thing. I looked at the protocol and it said to use the medium and large tubes is okay. I still worry about the expansion without bringing blood into the tissue. Any comments would be appreciated.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

ETGuy71

Re: Question on Soma VED

Postby ETGuy71 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:50 pm

No air will be filling your penile tissues. It will be blood and serious fluid. Of course with the blood filling you will be keeping the cavernosum stretched with oxygenated blood keeping the tissues healthy. Do not over pump! That’s when you can damage your penis! Capillaries will burst causing bruising. After pumping always massage your penis to work out area that may be very purple. That just pushes blood back into tissues rather than letting it pool in surface tissue. You may also have someone edema ( swelling of skin with serous and lymph fluid ) especially on shaft skin. If you are not circumcised your foreskin will be puffy. I suggest pumping 10 minutes then massage penis. You can follow with another 10 session if you want or wait until later. I don’t know about others but I’ve found that I get penis fatigue if I pump more than every other day. My urologist wanted me to pump everyday, which I did. Then I noticed the penis fatigue, spoke with him and said every other day would be fine. You have to figure out what works for you as everyone reacts differently to some degree. I hope this helps.
Diagnosed venous leak. Going with injections rather than implant for the time being.

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”