Medical grade pumps vs. s-shop ones.

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
danny1553

Medical grade pumps vs. s-shop ones.

Postby danny1553 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:08 pm

My uro is going to prescribe me the medical grade pump which by its very definition is way more expensive than the model from the sex shop. I am wondering what's the difference between the medical one and its less expensive analogy from the shop?
The principle is the same - vacuum increases bloodflow; and the ring holds the blood in place.

What a medical pump does that the regular one doesn't?

regain-is-the-aim

Re: Medical grade pumps vs. s-shop ones.

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:12 pm

Dan:

This is a good question and one for the ages. Simply put- Not Much. I have used both. The medical pump is more durable. I like it. It can not be used with water. The adult toy store models will probably not last as long. But, many can be used in and around the shower. Many guys pump and release while they shower and then maybe hold while the shave- great multi-tasking. Also, they are lighter- I can not really walk around with my medical pump as it is too "heavy" for that (ah, it's the pump not me in the pump- darn).

I suggest you consider trying the adult toy store model to see if you even like pumping. Some guys don't adapt to pumping or don't like the feel, have the time, or it hurts or doesn't give them the outcome they want. Even if Insc. will pay most of the cost- why waste health care dollars if you're not sure.

But I DO agree with your doc. Pumping is, good, necessary and a vital part of Penile rehab!! So do something. In my situation, I am probably going to add a Adult Toy Store model to my work agenda as it will give me a flexibility I do not have now.

Question- are you going to use the pump for sex(intercourse) or therapy and maybe a bit of self action after (now that can be really fun!!). If you are using it for intercourse also make sure the Adult Toy Store model will allow a c ck ring to be placed on it to enable you to maintain the full hard. Not all do.

If the Foundation can raise the necessary $$, we will be able to create the Marketplace which will allow us to shop here with some privacy and with items that have been vetted to some degree.

Best of luck and if I can be of further assistance please let me know.

Pumping is fun, necessary and helps maintain length and keep us stretched and limber. A very good thing!!

Regards,

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

danny1553

Postby danny1553 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:41 pm

Hi Dick

Thank you for the detailed response. My goal is to use for both purposes. I think I have no other option due to the venous leak but go bionic so I would like to prepare my penis within next coup0le of years (while I am on th waiting list for the surgery).
The main goal probably would be to increase the lenght to its maximum before it goes short after the surgery. If I do not do so I am afaraid I'll end up with a penis of the size of a big acne :D since it is rather sort.
As a bonus I'd consider the abilily to maintain the erection though considering the fact my wife likes only spontaneus sex, the prepare procedure is likely going to turn her down.

The problem is that those "famous" brands are virtually not presented in Canada or have weird/expensive shipping policy. So I guess I'll start with the local sex shop though I do not think I am going to feel comfortable buying stuff like that with a female customer survice representative...

regain-is-the-aim

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:38 pm

Dan:

Understand. Venous leak is an issue and you are probably correct that implant is the advised course of action. Don't worry about the sales rep; I was mortified when on my first buy the regional manager "insisted" on waiting on me. Oh, my!! Well, SHE was much more professional than I- later I decided they have heard it all before. Don't be afraid of stating your medical condition and why you need, not want, the device as that seems to help them understand your journey. But suggest you look around first and get a sense of the options the shop offers. Suggest you consider choosing a pump to fit your size and expectations as there are some weird models out there that seem to be made for horses. . . . Advise you decline anything that is too wide as it will work but inhibit, I think, the full potential of increasing length.

I am here because of PCa and resulting robotic surgery. Pumping will help you with length but go slow. If you wish, keep me posted as there may be also additional options to try. As with most things in life there are no guarantees.

Glad you are here and the wait listing may well work to your advantage as it will allow you to maximize your opportunity to maintain or increase your length and perhaps your girth.

Happy pumping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

danny1553

Postby danny1553 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:24 pm

Thanks Dick
I am trying to find some local sex shop. The one from my area do not seem to carry pumps at all so I'd have to look further... Looks like in this part of Canada we are way too "puritan" :D

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:13 pm

I have been pumping for over two years with non-medical systems. However, I have found some of them to be good quality systems. I just checked E-Bay and found a good system for $52.99 with free shipping. It is listed as "1.75 Penis Enlargement Enhancer Pump Kit Gauge -PGear" The pump has a red handle

Based on my experience, I would recommend it because it has the following advantages over your typical toy pump:

1. They offer various diameter sizes you can pick to best suit your shaft/base size
2. The cylinder has a flanged base which makes it more comfortable than a straight wall cylinder
2. The system includes a top quality brass pump, including vacuum gauge and safety release valve. It appears to be the one I use which is top quality.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

danny1553

Postby danny1553 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:51 pm

I got one from the local s-shop. It was coming with a ring but unfortunately the ring happened to be way too wide for my little lazy bastard so I'd have to keep looking for that part.
One thing I noticed is the base has a rather long nipple so only half of the penis is coming out of it thus leaving the second half "unpumped". Is that OK to have only half penis pumped; or should I look for the shorter flange base?

regain-is-the-aim

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:29 pm

Dan:

I don't know but am inclined to think you want all of the boy in there and involved with the pump suction efforts. Can you remove the nipple and just place against the base of your penis? If that works, with lube around the pump base, try pumping very gently and see if you can get things going. Now, you may need to clip or shave the hair around the base to keep it from getting caught in the pump.

I was told to do that and have shaved a bit up into my hair to create enough space for the pump base. Some guys shave it all and REALLY enjoy the feel and look. I chose not to and have been pleased with my efforts. Now, you also should shave beneath the shaft and going wild with encouragement for this loose group of "supporters" went ahead and shaved my balls all the way. It was an amazing task and, frankly, a thrill. I really like that feel and look and have continued. Only takes a few minutes,for me, a couple of times a week.

The pumping section has a section on shaving and I suggest you read it; it was helpful since I had not done anything like that before. This place does change you and open your thinking!! I use conditioner as my "shave" cream and it works very well.

You can get Osbon c ck rings off the net. They come in a pack of 4 so you can use the one that works best. They are excellent rings and easy to use so would suggest you could order and not wander the countryside in search of the perfect ring. They are not cheap, but reasonable, and very well made- I also found them, for a novice, relatively easy to use.

Also, keep stretching and using him as that is also a part or Penile Rehab. It's also fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take Care,

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:15 pm

Norelco offers the Body Groomer. Which is designed for shaving that area. It is rechargeable and can be used in the shower. Costs about $30, but I believe I found it on line for under $25. Provides a close shave without the trauma of using a razor blade on junior.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

danny1553

Postby danny1553 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:13 am

I usually do cut the hair around the base. This way my "little one" seems a big bigger. Besides I am rather a metro-sexual so shaving in that area is not really a concern. The only problem area is the nuts. I have Philips electric wet shaver with the trim but that trim causes a lot of cuts so that at the end I am getting a lot of bleeding spots, so I'd have to find something more comfortable.
As for the pump what I did was I pulled the rubber sleeve further on the cylinder so that the "nipple" part became about an inch long. This way the entire penis can be filled in. I can leave the pump hanging like a leach while I am in the shower which is exactly what I wanted. I just have to pump one or two times every minute or so to keep the negative pressure. So far so good.
I've got a few red dots caused by the negative pressure but nothing drastic. In addition to that I use an extender for 45 minutes every evening. After 3 weeks of stretching I've gained about 1/4 of an inch which is good.

Dick, where did you see on the net the package of 4 of Osbon rings? I cannot find anywhere such a set. The only thing I found (that ships to Canada) was individual rings but the shipping cost was the half of the ring price ($19 + $8 shipping).
Also I am not sure which one to try first - the high tension or the medium one, considering the fact I am leaking badly and my penis is half of the erected size when flaccid. Would it hurt to start with the high tension one?

Thank you

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”