Losing Erections when Upright

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
BillyBobTMS

Re: Losing Erections when Upright

Postby BillyBobTMS » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:12 am

bobsteel wrote:I had the exact opposite problem. I could do a dose of muse or do an injection. Got erection but if I sat down or laid down away it went. Very frustrating.

Same here! Crazy! When I used to inject, I would get a fairly good, just barely usable erection, that would remain usable as long as I was standing up. As soon as I sat or laid down, it was gone. If I stood back up, it would return.

goodwoodnow

Postby goodwoodnow » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:29 am

I have opposite issue too. The instructions that come with my Alprostadil are to inject, then remain upright for at least several minutes before commencing with sex, 10 to 15 ideally! While that seems excessively long, We have been experimenting with my remaining upright (usually receiving very light oral and manual stimulation) for several minutes, like 8 to 10. have experimented on my own too, with light slow strokes for 10 minutes or more, while standing.

While the injection can give me an almost "instant erection" it is clear that it continues to work as my cock gets harder for several minutes after the shot. you might want to try staying upright for several minutes after you inject....so you don't have to switch from laying down to standing. Seems counter intuitive but it does work for me and with the cock ring added even better.

I have a low blood pressure issue that is from a low blood pressure problem, autonomic neuropathy. My BP falls a lot when I go from sitting or lying down to standing. This doesn't seem to be a problem when having sex. I do feel dizzy and light-headed after injecting, often like 5 hours later or more. I have to plan to take it easy on my "sex days" after an orgasm or not. It seems to be related to the Alprostdil.
Injections for 5 years PGE-1 (Alprostadil) 40 mcg /ml. Trying Tri Mix (20-2-30 . Hope is shift in meds will restore some sensitiviy. Enjoy sharing openly withother "EDguys". Love the site, informative and entertaining too!

Hope77

Postby Hope77 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:28 am

Greg1956 wrote:I had a Venous Leak and had to be flat on my back and quite still to maintain an erection. I could wake up with Morning awood so hard it hurt and if I moved to sit up or stand, my penis was limp in seconds. Treatments were minimally effective so I ended up finally getting an implant.

Greg

What test confirmed your leak? Was this done while laying on your back or standing?

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:44 am

Hope77 wrote:
Greg1956 wrote:I had a Venous Leak and had to be flat on my back and quite still to maintain an erection. I could wake up with Morning awood so hard it hurt and if I moved to sit up or stand, my penis was limp in seconds. Treatments were minimally effective so I ended up finally getting an implant.

Greg

What test confirmed your leak? Was this done while laying on your back or standing?

It was a Penile Doppler test. Although the actual testing was done while I was on my back, the technician injected my penis while I was standing. He said it would take a few minutes for it to take effect and said I could remain standing, sit, or lay down during that time. I chose to sit and never got a good erection.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Hope77

Postby Hope77 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:30 am

Greg1956 wrote:
Hope77 wrote:

Greg

It was a Penile Doppler test. Although the actual testing was done while I was on my back, the technician injected my penis while I was standing. He said it would take a few minutes for it to take effect and said I could remain standing, sit, or lay down during that time. I chose to sit and never got a good erection.

So basically the venous leak was confirmed through a test which was done while laying on your back?

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:38 am

Yes, that is how mine was done and I assume how they all are done. Thankfully, it was detected even though that is the only position where I could get and maintain any degree of hardness.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Return to “General Discussion”