Just need to vent

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Riverdog5043

Just need to vent

Postby Riverdog5043 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:23 am

Has anyone had or know anyone who had an inflatable implant removed? I just need to vent my frustration & concerns. 3 weeks out from having the Titan 3 piece inflatable installed & still having sever pains in balls. Dr. Wanted to me to start pumping at the two week point but had me wait another week due to swelling and lingering pain which is excruciating when he released some fluid from the tubes via the pump. Today we find out the resavoir (sp) has moved out of position & is now lying on a portion of my bowel. Still in to much pain to pump so he now wants to wait another two weeks to begin pumping. Wtf..

He is concerned about the resavoir lying on the bowl but wants to take a wait and see approach. After some research on my own I found it could perforate my bowl. As I lie here in pain at 0400 in the morning unable to sleep due to the pain & fear I realized next to having my prostate removed, this implant is biggest mistake of my life. I think when the office opens I am going to ask to have it removed. To many signs my body is not accepting this and the thought my bowel could be perforated scares the shit out of me. The doc tried to reassure me although its not the ideal place for the resovoir to go it “should” be ok & in “rare” situations complications occur. The look on his face said different when we both learned after the CAT scan it had moved. He kept mentioning his Christmas vacation & we will see where I am at in two weeks when he comes back. Oh ya one last warning he gave me, if my stomach suddenly becomes distended, get to Hospital. Sorry for the rambling just need to get it off my chest. Anyone have or know someone who has had an implant removed? I welcome your thoughts & what you would do if in same situation please. I still have a superpubic catheter due to interior swelling!! I will accept I cannot have sex anymore if I could be pain & fear free again with the ability to take a piss.

Larry10625

Re: Just need to vent

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:37 am

Riverdog5043 wrote:Has anyone had or know anyone who had an inflatable implant removed? I just need to vent my frustration & concerns. 3 weeks out from having the Titan 3 piece inflatable installed & still having sever pains in balls. Dr. Wanted to me to start pumping at the two week point but had me wait another week due to swelling and lingering pain which is excruciating when he released some fluid from the tubes via the pump. Today we find out the resavoir (sp) has moved out of position & is now lying on a portion of my bowel. Still in to much pain to pump so he now wants to wait another two weeks to begin pumping. Wtf..

He is concerned about the resavoir lying on the bowl but wants to take a wait and see approach. After some research on my own I found it could perforate my bowl. As I lie here in pain at 0400 in the morning unable to sleep due to the pain & fear I realized next to having my prostate removed, this implant is biggest mistake of my life. I think when the office opens I am going to ask to have it removed. To many signs my body is not accepting this and the thought my bowel could be perforated scares the shit out of me. The doc tried to reassure me although its not the ideal place for the resovoir to go it “should” be ok & in “rare” situations complications occur. The look on his face said different when we both learned after the CAT scan it had moved. He kept mentioning his Christmas vacation & we will see where I am at in two weeks when he comes back. Oh ya one last warning he gave me, if my stomach suddenly becomes distended, get to Hospital. Sorry for the rambling just need to get it off my chest. Anyone have or know someone who has had an implant removed? I welcome your thoughts & what you would do if in same situation please. I still have a superpubic catheter due to interior swelling!! I will accept I cannot have sex anymore if I could be pain & fear free again with the ability to take a piss.

I agree with your surgeon. 3 weeks is not enough time to tell you anything. I lost my implant, due to infection, for 6 months. I felt empty in so many ways. If you can find a way to keep the implant, you should explore it. Trust me, you don't want to lose your implant. :)

Larry

rdnkbiker

Postby rdnkbiker » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:47 am

Riverdog5043
I'm sorry to hear about your complications so far sounds like a tough road,,what about a second opinion hopefully other uros in your area before you make a quick decision to have it removed....I had a lot of complications with mine to I woke up to a bloody stump and lots of stiches around the glands pretty much decapitated the little fella took a long time to heal even got a infection for a while thought they were going to have to remove it....but I made it through and glad I did not necessarily for sex but to feel like a functioning man again mentally ED will ruin a man and it sounds like you have had your fair share of trouble sorry for that but maybe you can get a second opinion just to put your mind at ease or make a very difficult decision
I will keep you on my mind hopefully it works out
Jim
if you need to talk I would be happy to
HBP since my 20s Full ED i was 55 when i received my implant January 17th 2017 sever scare tissue through corpora cavernosa clear to the glands (no blood flow) complete revision new equipment july 10th 2023 AMS CX 21cm by DR.William Brant very happy

Riverdog5043

Postby Riverdog5043 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:38 pm

Thanks for the thoughts, support & sharing your experiences guys. I really appreciate it. Spoke to general surgeon today who is concerned the reservoir is lying on the bowel & Going to meet a ED surgeon next week for a another opinion. Yes it is very depressing when you cannot be with your significant other the way you used to be. It doesn’t make you a man but I miss that connection with her. This is one super painful surgery mentally as well as physically.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:57 am

Riverdog5043 wrote:Thanks for the thoughts, support & sharing your experiences guys. I really appreciate it. Spoke to general surgeon today who is concerned the reservoir is lying on the bowel & Going to meet a ED surgeon next week for a another opinion. Yes it is very depressing when you cannot be with your significant other the way you used to be. It doesn’t make you a man but I miss that connection with her. This is one super painful surgery mentally as well as physically.

They may be able to go in infrapubically to fix the reservoir and leave the rest of the implant untouched so you don't get a lot of scarring and have to re-heal??

Larry

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:05 am

Riverdog,
I do not have any knowledge to share but want to offer my prayers and best wishes that everything works out well for you. I do u derstand how frustrating the whole ED situation can be, but the main consideration here should be your health and safety.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Riverdog5043

Postby Riverdog5043 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:04 am

Thanks guys I appreciate it because I know you get it. If I can ask if you questions please? The area of the groin where it meets my thigh is very sore. The doctor said this is where the tube from the pump to the reservoir runs and will eventually heal itself. Happen to you? Did you feel like you could feel the tips of the tubes in your penis head? 3 weeks today & doc does not want me to cycle for 2 more weeks. Still getting shooting pain down shaft. Unfortunately it did not correct my Peyronies And it looks like it is fighting against the implant.
Thank you.... I am sure I will have more questions for you.

bbb2.5

Postby bbb2.5 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:18 am

Riverdog, I hate to hear that you are having a difficult time with your implant. I will admit, I am shocked to hear that Doctors are allowing their patients to begin pumping so early. I had to wait a minimum of 4 weeks. Our bodies are still healing and swelling is still present. Our best instinct is what we feel in our minds. If you are not comfortable with what your surgeon told you, added with the fact that he wants to wait until his holiday time is not bothered is very concerning to me. It sounds like you have already sought out a different surgeon, is that correct? To answer one of your questions. Due to the fact that I am a thin guy, I can feel some of my tubing and sometimes even a small part of my reservoir. It does not cause me any discomfort.
I wish you the Best of Luck
Michael

Riverdog5043

Postby Riverdog5043 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:33 pm

Hi Michael and thank you. I was surprised but not concerned when I awoke from surgery and saw the outline of The reservoir in my abdomen. my girlfriend was a little freaked out and we both had a good laugh. This from the woman who has breast implants LOL. I too am a thin guy and there are times like I can feel every piece of the implant. I feel like I’m a little behind compared to others on the site. The pain and discomfort is obviously getting old however my primary concern is the reservoir slipping into my lower right quadrant of my abdomen and resting on my bowel. The earliest I’ll get into see another doctor is next Wednesday

Return to “General Discussion”