Glad I am not going crazy

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
radioradio

Re: Glad I am not going crazy

Postby radioradio » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:23 pm

dcmusc wrote:Ali,
You are not going crazy. They are being removed. I have brought it up to Paul. The deletion of these posts under the guise of preventing advertising is just plain wrong and goes against what this site was supposed to be about, guys sharing personal experience to help others get the resources they need.

If I had wanted the manufacturers to control what information I got regarding implants, I could have simply gone to their sites and left it at that. I didn't want to do that. I could have also just gone to the doctors own websites. I didn't want that either.

I wanted objective, real world advice from guys who had gone through the process. If they had a surgeon or facility that provided them great care, I wanted to hear about it. And I damn well did want to hear from members who their favorite surgeon was. THAT WAS THE POINT!

If this site can't be moderated better to protect us from scam artists that attempt to falsely promote a surgeon or product and still provide the practical information that we need, then it loses its usefulness.

I had two posts guiding a member that seemed to be in distress to a specific surgeon that was going to be in his country. IN HIS COUNTRY! A surgeon I had spoken to directly about his case. Based on what this member was going through, this could be game changing. I directed him to a PM with specifics, put had posted because I had been warned that he sometimes didn't check his PMs. These posts were deemed advertising. I wasn't contacted, they were just removed. This member had talked about suicide in his first posting. In my mind, this was incredibly important.

This situation is sad, because I got a lot of support as I went through this process. I got to meet and speak with some great guys....and their help was invaluable. Paul has been responsive, but my interactions with the moderator, even after Paul's involvement, have not been satisfactory. My hope is that this situation can be address. And I hope Paul takes it on directly. I think the moderator needs to be removed. Frankly, it has caused me to lose trust in this site as an objective resource. Ironically, the exact opposite of what the intention was in this advertising policy.

Brian

Agreed. This is sad. I watched as a couple of members drove some members away with their rudeness and obsessions. And now this....
I think we all agree that there are many, many excellent surgeons whose names have not become everyday words here on FT. That doesn't mean that those of us who did choose any of the "more popular" ones should be barred from expressing our opinions about our doctors. If a member had a bad experience or outcome from one of the "popular" doctors, should/would his post be barred? Of course not.

Ali, don't go.

Larry, chill.

Bob 2.1.1
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:15 pm

I have been watching this back and to about numbers of implants done in a year versus outcome and the incessant by some drum beat that if you don't go to one of the higher volume guys things won't go as well. I totally disagree with that, there are advantages to the high volume surgeons, there are also other advantages to going to a highly skilled surgeon who has a more rounded practice and can deliver continuity of care in other areas.

Personally fortune has shown this way. Excellent implant outcome, superb care in other urological areas, and a surgeon that can and will treat both myself and my wife when needed. To the fellows that scream that the only way to go is with an implant machine, I say. I didn't and my dick didn't fall off. In fact there are some pictures posted here that show the quality of work. By the way at week 4 and a few days on the revision and already at full go on what you get a revision for.

Know your surgeon and his capabilities, he has to be skilled and precise but need not be an implant factory. Sometimes the more personal touch of a lower volume operation is comforting.

David
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

torless50

Postby torless50 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:00 pm

radiodec wrote:I have been watching this back and to about numbers of implants done in a year versus outcome and the incessant by some drum beat that if you don't go to one of the higher volume guys things won't go as well. I totally disagree with that, there are advantages to the high volume surgeons, there are also other advantages to going to a highly skilled surgeon who has a more rounded practice and can deliver continuity of care in other areas.

Personally fortune has shown this way. Excellent implant outcome, superb care in other urological areas, and a surgeon that can and will treat both myself and my wife when needed. To the fellows that scream that the only way to go is with an implant machine, I say. I didn't and my dick didn't fall off. In fact there are some pictures posted here that show the quality of work. By the way at week 4 and a few days on the revision and already at full go on what you get a revision for.

Know your surgeon and his capabilities, he has to be skilled and precise but need not be an implant factory. Sometimes the more personal touch of a lower volume operation is comforting.

David

Well in your case did not happen like this, but now look at the forum we have two or three cases of poorly implanted people. If you go to a low-volume surgeon you risk an incorrectly placed implant much more likely than if you go to a surgeon high volume and now they probably have to go to a high volume surgeon for a review ..
Peyronie
Thinking about implant

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:41 pm

torless50 wrote:
radiodec wrote:I have been watching this back and to about numbers of implants done in a year versus outcome and the incessant by some drum beat that if you don't go to one of the higher volume guys things won't go as well. I totally disagree with that, there are advantages to the high volume surgeons, there are also other advantages to going to a highly skilled surgeon who has a more rounded practice and can deliver continuity of care in other areas.

David

Well in your case did not happen like this, but now look at the forum we have two or three cases of poorly implanted people. If you go to a low-volume surgeon you risk an incorrectly placed implant much more likely than if you go to a surgeon high volume and now they probably have to go to a high volume surgeon for a review ..

There are almost 6000 members here... if a few have issues I'd say that's pretty good. Does it not make sense that if a surgeon is pumping them out at a furious rate there is more of a chance to make a mistake??

Larry

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:55 pm

Well I know from signatures that on of the poor outcomes was from an implant surgeon that works through Vanderbilt. 5 years ago he was one of the got to doctors with a high volume practice, now he seems to be drawing complaints. I wonder if that is from "factory" performance or if he has just slipped.

If we weren't talking people here I would say that high volume operations tend to be very good to consistently producing results on the high side of middle of the road as the necessity to be as time efficient as possible can well get in the way of best work but by the same token it tends to train away from poorer quality work.

The other question is, how many lower volume implant surgeons fall into that category by their own choosing preferring a more varied practice than being an implant placing machine. Lastly if only high volume surgeons are to place implants, where are we to get new ones. Aren't there students just very low volume surgeons with a guiding hand in the room.

David
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:40 pm

radiodec wrote:Well I know from signatures that on of the poor outcomes was from an implant surgeon that works through Vanderbilt. 5 years ago he was one of the got to doctors with a high volume practice, now he seems to be drawing complaints. I wonder if that is from "factory" performance or if he has just slipped.

If we weren't talking people here I would say that high volume operations tend to be very good to consistently producing results on the high side of middle of the road as the necessity to be as time efficient as possible can well get in the way of best work but by the same token it tends to train away from poorer quality work.

The other question is, how many lower volume implant surgeons fall into that category by their own choosing preferring a more varied practice than being an implant placing machine. Lastly if only high volume surgeons are to place implants, where are we to get new ones. Aren't there students just very low volume surgeons with a guiding hand in the room.

David

Exactly... as I said, my doctor treats men, women, young, old, kids... any urology problems. He MAY only get a couple of implants a month but he is well known, within his circle of practitioners, to be exceptional at what he does. :D

Larry

Return to “General Discussion”