In the Gym Locker Room

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Greg1956

In the Gym Locker Room

Postby Greg1956 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:09 pm

Hi Guys.
I am new here. I will be getting my implant on Sept. 18th. I have a question about your locker room experiences. I go to the gym 5 days a week to swim. The gym I am at now I have only been at a couple years. Ever since I joined, my post radical prostatectomy penis size has been very small. At best I have 2" showing and especially after being in the pool, my dick is fully retracted. If my post implant size is indeed my current stretched flaccid size, I will have approximately 4.5" hanging.

I know it is said the implant is not detectable, but when you are there with a retracted dick before surgery and a considerably larger size afterwards, it is certainly easy to see the difference. I have never been one to hide my size, either back when I had a larger tool or now when I don't. Since I swim laps, I wear the typical Lycra suit most swimmers wear the front looks pretty flat, but there will be a bulge when I return after surgery.

My question is, how has it been for those of you who have gone back in the locker room after implant surgery and your dick suddenly looks different? How do your buddies react if they see you nude there or on a camping trip, etc?
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

newtoed

Re: In the Gym Locker Room

Postby newtoed » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:26 am

Dear Friend,
I certainly would not care. Enjoy your new experience after all the things you have been through with your cancer and ED. I had rectal cancer and now I have no belly buttton and butt hole, have a 15 inch scar on my stomach and a colostomy bag. I don't care. I go to my spa weekly. I have several girlfriends half my age. I went through a lot to worry about these "small" details. I want to enjoy the rest of my life with as little concern or worry as possible.
All the best !
Age 54, Single, Los Angeles. Stage 2 rectal cancer in 2013. Radiation, surgery, chemo. In remission for 5 years. Some ED before cancer, complete since. 2-3 units of Trimix 40/30/2 2-3 times a week since Feb/2017 with great success!

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:21 am

Thanks. I am sorry you have had to go through what you have, but happy you are here. You have a great attitude that others should adopt.

If I sounded worried about my upcoming change in appearance, that was not my intent. I am simply curious what to expect when I return to the locker room after implant surgery, which I plan to do and have no intention of trying to cover up my change. In my case my flaccid penis size will be dramatically different from what I have now. I am wondering if others who have had an implant told their buddies beforehand so the big change wasn't unexpected or if they just returned to the locker room after surgery and healing and left their friends wondering.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:08 am

Greg,
I was in the same boat, size-wise and retraction-wise. I'm 8 days post-op.

I'm supposedly only 10% inflated, and my dick is girthier than before, sticks straight out, and is 3" at best. Dr. Is hoping for 4 to 4-1/2" erect. (I lost about an inch from prostatectomy.) at whatever my inflation percentage is now, it's stiffer than I've had on my best days in years. Certainly hard enough, if not long enough, to use. I'm hoping when I'm deflated it stays at 3" and hangs down rather that standing straight out. With cycling, I'm hoping for more.

Point I'm trying to make is, we don't know what we'll end up with until we end up. You may not have a big enough problem to worry about. I hope you do, and if you do, I wouldn't say anything to anybody. There's a good thread from a couple of weeks ago about who do you tell. I just think there are a lot of things to consider before telling anyone.

Didn't mean to be a bummer. I'm happy you're taking the plunge. I just think it can be hard (pun intended) to keep focused on the real goal. It was for me, and so far I don't have a big enough change in size to have to explain to anyone in the locker room.

Best,

Bob 2.0
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:12 am

Greg,

I forgot to mention, I'm very much looking forward to never having an innie again. Especially in the locker room. 8-)

Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:20 am

Thanks for your honesty Bob. I am not looking for lies and sugar coating. I hope you achieve what you hope to from your implant.

Ahappigui

Postby Ahappigui » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:18 pm

Bob, unless your locker room experience is different from mine, my observation is that men want to exercise, but many have difficulty fitting that into their schedule. They go there to exercise and rush to get it over with as quickly as possible.....they don't necessarily give a darn of the size/shape of others. Furthermore, most men at gyms are not particularly friendly with others.
If you were going to a gym attended by gay/bi men, the observations likely would be entirely different.
The best of luck...I admire your courage and stamina!

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:10 pm

Ahappigui wrote:Bob, unless your locker room experience is different from mine, my observation is that men want to exercise, but many have difficulty fitting that into their schedule. They go there to exercise and rush to get it over with as quickly as possible.....they don't necessarily give a darn of the size/shape of others. Furthermore, most men at gyms are not particularly friendly with others.
If you were going to a gym attended by gay/bi men, the observations likely would be entirely different.

This was always my experience also. I know I never paid the slightest attention to any other guys' appearance, and as far as I could tell nobody ever paid any attention to me either. Just because a person is obsessive about his own appearance doesn't mean that anybody else gives a hoot.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:16 pm

Ahappigui wrote:Bob, unless your locker room experience is different from mine, my observation is that men want to exercise, but many have difficulty fitting that into their schedule. They go there to exercise and rush to get it over with as quickly as possible.....they don't necessarily give a darn of the size/shape of others. Furthermore, most men at gyms are not particularly friendly with others.

I agree, and I'm not happy to lose my innie status for anyone else in the locker room but me. I'm sure that with a lifetime of being really small, my concern in the locker room is all about
me, and not them. I've always longed to be just normal or average. Now I may be, and be able to live life without what I know rationally to be silly concerns -- but concerns nonetheless.
Bob 2.0

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:22 pm

Thanks for your responses. I am surprised all of you say you don't notice what other guys look like. I am straight, but I will admit I notice other guys. Being it's a gym, I certainly notice and admire a guy who has a great physique. I notice other dicks in the showers, sometimes wishing mine looked like one.

From everything I have read before, it is human nature for both men and women to notice and compare themselves with people of the same sex.When I see a nude guy in the locker room who has a great body, I take a quick look and get motivated to work harder on my own. I also see guys take a quick look at me every time I am in the locker room. I don't see any big deal with it.

Return to “General Discussion”