A question about testerone levels

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Simbarn

Re: A question about testerone levels

Postby Simbarn » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:49 pm

I must remember to look at when some of these posts have been made! That one was from 2011!! :o
Age 57, ED issues for 15-20 years. Testosterone replacement with Enanthate and Ovidrel. Currently using generic Tadalafil 2.5mgs and Resveratrol daily.

muscletank8

Postby muscletank8 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:01 am

I think you guys will like Nelson Vergel's latest free book with over 380 slides he made for doctors that treat men with low testosterone:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XUqSGv ... sp=sharing

PeaceofPain07

Postby PeaceofPain07 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:18 pm

I researched low T alot, as I saw I had low T and had an assumption that correcting that may fix my ED. I got it treated by a doctor very experienced/knowledgeable on TRT/HRT.

Only consistent improvement noticed was more muscle, but I already had slightly above average muscle before TRT. Unlike a lot of guys on T, I didn't have any desire for more muscle if it meant I had to take something unnatural. Even though I wasnt taking the high doses wrestlers take who die of a heart attack in their 40s, that news was still concerning. Minimal benefit, moderate risk, so I tapered off 1-2 yrs later because it didn't help ED. Some conservative doctors are also against it (such as my dad). I also get the odd feeling that alot of the studies that promote TRT have a conflict of interest. Studies against TRT don't have much/any financial incentive.

My opinion may be controversial, but it's just my personal experienced opinion. Your experience may be different.
Born 1986. Implanted 3/21, Eid. Titan 20cm + 1RTE. 5'11 178lbs.

A support group for ED in young males, but open to older males: facebook.com/groups/erectiledysfunction

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:43 pm

I'm pretty sure T has no effect on ED.
I started taking it some years back due to feeling run down.
It seemed to help that, but also seemed to give me more strength and my libido increased.
I wouldn't take it if I didn't feel I needed it, and no one else should either imo.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Return to “General Discussion”