This site doesn't work very well

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
bluene

This site doesn't work very well

Postby bluene » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:28 pm

I just joined this site a week ago and am completely frustrated by the bugs in it. I have posted 3 comments (one of them twice) that show up after I post them but then disappear and never make it to the thread where I started. I wonder if this one will make it.

Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Re: This site doesn't work very well

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:18 pm

bluene
What is happening is that your computer is caching pages and bringing up old pages in an attempt to make things run faster. Your posts are all there and they have not disappeared - your computer has stopped looking at them.

When I use firefox, I sometimes get a page that is weeks old and wonder where all the posts are. Just hit "shift" and "refresh" at the same time and your computer will connect to the server in California (I think that's where Blue Host is...) and you should see everything.

Paul

bluene

Postby bluene » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:42 am

Thanks very much, Paul. I don't know why refresh didn't work. I tried it over and over. Firefox, thanks for nothing trying to save me time!

bluene

Postby bluene » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:39 pm

Funny thing happened today. I installed the new Firefox 6.0, and my problem went away. It refreshes automatically every time. I saw on a Firefox forum that many people had the same problem, so maybe they fixed it this time.

regain-is-the-aim

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:29 pm

I would like to expand on Blue's post. Now that his problem has been addressed and he has been able to communicate easily it would appear that everything is great. Well, it is not and we guys should begin to consider what and where we want FrankTalk to go an be as he grows up.

Paul does a wonderful job of keeping us going and focused on our goals, hopes and outcomes. There is no one on this site who has done more and asked less than Paul. Ah, when was the last time you sent him a PM and said thanks and offered to assist him in some way. Many seem to think the site runs on some magical resource and that we, as a group, will always be fine.

Blue's issue was very fixable. But FrankTalk, as a site, needs additional work, expansion, redesign, improvements and the opening of the Marketplace. Paul can, as one could posit, only turn water to wine so many times. Paul has also put himself at extremes to get us this far; we must and can take our ED future, camaraderie, advances, support and friendships and pull together to solidify our gains and move forward with confidence and unity.

There is a great need for additional financial resources to accomplish all of this and more. To be Frank- we needs close to 10K to keep the computer juices on and have our geek managers provide you an even better service while we open the Marketplace and other things. How we do that; I don't know. To put my $$ where my mouth now is I have given twice thru Pay Pal and will again before the year is over.

But Blue has, inadvertently, raised a very good point. Before we truly get to the point where the site really doesn't work well, we need to take charge of our own ED future and jump-start our financial stability. If you have any thoughts please share with Paul or myself.

Just a thought, Guys.

Regards,

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:57 am

Dick: Thanks for the added post. I could not agree with you any more that so many of us have gained from this place in so many ways. Paul has really given blood, sweat, and tears to get this site going. Yep this site is still a baby and is really struggling to grow into adolescence. Paul has such great plans for the site and I know that each of you will be thrilled with what is down the pipe.

I have made a appeal a while back and a few guys sent donations. They help give Paul from encouragement. The other thing he rally needs is your support a note of thanks and letting him know how much you like the site and a big old pat on the back.

Paul consider this my official public THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

Return to “General Discussion”