viberect

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
penned

Viberect vs. Injection Study

Postby penned » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:25 am

I cam across this study done at Tulane University. This is first study to my knowledge giving objective evidence of efficacy of the Viberect to provoke penile erection. It was not sponsored by the company.

An Objective Evaluation of Viberect® Vibratory Device in Comparison to Intracavernosal Vasoactive Injection for Penile Duplex Doppler Ultrasound Blood Flow Analysis

Suresh Sikka et. al. Tulane University

Background: Viberect® is a new FDA-cleared medical vibrator for inducing penile erection, a neurovascular event involving genital afferents.

Objective: We compare penile blood flow induced by Viberect® versus intracavernosal injection (ICI) using color duplex Doppler ultrasound (CDDU) technology.

Methods: Forty patients with erectile dysfunction consented to receive instructions and correctly use the vibrator prior to undergoing penile CDDU in our sexual dysfunction clinic. Viberect® stimulation was performed by the patient at 70-100 Hz for 6-10 minutes and CDDU performed as per standard protocol. After the penis was fully flaccid, an ICI (7-15 mcg prostaglandin-E1, PGE1) was administered and CDDU repeated.
Findings: Eighteen men (called “positive-responders” to Viberect®) showed similar systolic velocity measurements with 90% tumescence+70% rigidity erection response (2-tailed paired t-test value of 0.06). Ten patients showed “borderline” systolic velocity and 80% tumescence+30-40% rigidity with Viberect® compared to PGE1 (2-tailed paired t-test value of 0.002). Only four patients (called “non-responders”) showed no erection response with Viberect®, but good velocity and 90% tumescence + 60% rigidity with PGE1 (t-test value of 0.006). Eight patients did not complete Viberect® stimulation due to impending ejaculation. Thus, Viberect® induced blood flow response and erection similar to ICI in majority of patients undergoing CDDU evaluation. No complaints or adverse events were reported with Viberect®.

Conclusions: This study suggests that Viberect® that stimulate bulbocavernosus reflex, is a safe, convenient, well-tolerated modality for CDDU. Randomized prospective multicenter trials will be needed to further validate these results and the concept of stimulating bulbocavernosus reflex with Viberect® for ED diagnosis and treatment.

dtwarren1942

Re: viberect

Postby dtwarren1942 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:01 pm

Seems 18 men had good Doppler results and decent erections and 8 guys were stimulated to ejaculation. Not a bad response out of 40 volunteers.

I would like to see future tests to show a breakdown by cause of ED - diabetes, hypertension, prostate surgery, etc.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

penned

Postby penned » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:25 pm

dtwarren1942 wrote:Seems 18 men had good Doppler results and decent erections and 8 guys were stimulated to ejaculation. Not a bad response out of 40 volunteers.

I would like to see future tests to show a breakdown by cause of ED - diabetes, hypertension, prostate surgery, etc.

You are right. However, you have to take into consideration that this study was done in the clinic with a bunch of doctors and residents hanging outside of the room, which increases anxiety and is not an ideal location for Viberect stimulation. One negative aspect of Viberect is that it is only successful if you are relaxed and intensely focused on sexual thoughts or foreplay, because it produces natural erection. Injection doesnt require sexual stimulation. I think the success rate is much higher in men who do it at home in a more relaxes setting. I have found that erections are stronger with frequent use as well.

notsostiff

Postby notsostiff » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:38 am

I use the viberect, when I can, mainly for therapy to help wake up the nerves. When I do this it can take 10 mins or so to get say a 75% erection but I don't reach orgasm. However, when I am on my own at home I occasionally use some visually stimulating video and this makes a big difference and takes away the focus on using the viberect. I get an erection a little quicker and it seems much more sensitive. However I find the noise from the viberect a little off putting even with the Mk2 which is quieter than the Mk1. Yesterday I decided to to use in-ear headphones to listen to the sounds whilst watching the video. This took my mind completely away from the viberect and it became much more naturally stimulating. To my surprise and delight I became very eroused and sensitive. I had a fab orgasm and my penis became so sensitive that I had to stop the viberect. So I agree that a fairer test of the viberect would need an environment and atmosphere that was less clinical. However, the results from the study look good and I would suggest that the results would probably be even better with the right conditions.

With the viberect it is important to have the brain stimulation. It says so in the instructions but initially I thought that the physical stimulation would be enough. From my experience it is clear that the viberect needs the brain to be sexually stimulated for maximum response.
Had a robotic prostatectomy on 16 Dec 2010, with partial bi-lateral nerve sparing.

Return to “General Discussion”