Testosterone Therapy

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
MARKOS2018

Testosterone Therapy

Postby MARKOS2018 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:09 am

Just started the Testosterone Therapy with Axiron and would like some reactions of using it to increase T levels. Present time i am using the underarm application. Can PM me...mike
Titan implanted by Dr Eid Due to Peyronies, Implant was the only option for me.

dg_moore

Re: Testosterone Therapy

Postby dg_moore » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:15 am

Mike, a while ago my T was pretty low, so my internist prescribed Androgel. I used it for a few months and it brought my T level up quite a bit, but it had absolutely no tangible effect - no change in libido, no improved energy, no change in overall well being. Since I was not realizing any kind of benefit, and because T therapy is not without risk, I discontinued using it. I'm probably older than you, though, and your results could well be better. Good luck!
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

MARKOS2018

Postby MARKOS2018 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:41 pm

Thanks for the info ---re your reaction to the Axiron gel. Interesting to see that it goes up but has little affect on Libido in your case. I have been on it for a week so I haven't had any signs of marked improvement. May grow more hair? :D

Anonymous2

Postby Anonymous2 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:36 am

Hardrod wrote:Thanks for the info ---re your reaction to the Axiron gel. Interesting to see that it goes up but has little affect on Libido in your case. I have been on it for a week so I haven't had any signs of marked improvement. May grow more hair? :D

Hi Mike, Try looking into DHEA and Tribulus taken together. they both work the same path but as back the other up, DHEA is a natural hormone that we lose at we get older it slowly goes away, boosting it back could make you feel young again and boost your libido back up, boosts your testosterone and energy levels, and does bring your hair growth back to normal, its worked for me, been on both for around 5 years.
But do make sure you read up about both before you try, look at the side effects, we don't want to affect your blood now, do we.

Good Luck

NOWHARD
Your Penis is Affected by Every Aspect of Your Physical, Mental and Emotional Life.

Zac37zg

Postby Zac37zg » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:25 am

Hi mike
I have low testosterone too
Looking to see your progress
I think my low t cause my problem
I wake up during night with erection
But i dont have libido
I hope that trt will fix it

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:12 pm

Zac37zg wrote:Hi mike
I have low testosterone too
Looking to see your progress
I think my low t cause my problem
I wake up during night with erection
But i dont have libido
I hope that trt will fix it

Many men are helped by T therapy. However, many others are not, and T therapy is not without risk, which should be taken into account. Good luck to you
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

MARKOS2018

Postby MARKOS2018 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:57 pm

Definitely true with med issues. Surgery is a risk too. Often times we don't realize that there could be complications. But at my age, what the hell. I went for the implant thinking it was going to be a breeze but I did get complications. I guess one has to weigh the positives and negatives. It seems the therapy is giving me more energy.
Last edited by MARKOS2018 on Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:23 pm

I was on TRT for six months and increased my T level from 280 to over 800. It increased my libido somewhat but had no effect on my ED. My endocrinologist recommended I taper off when my PSA increased from 1.1 to 1.6. I also noticed that my testicles seemed to have shrunk a bit. After stopping TRT completely, my T level declined to 190 but improved to just over 300 several months later.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

seeking info

Postby seeking info » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:43 am

I am on TRT....and it is wonderful! ! Yes my testicles have chunk..but my level was 67 when they four d it. I was practically dead in all ways. Now after the shots and dropping g much unneeded weight. I have gotten my libido and my erections back. I am a back surgery person. I have kidney disease and an implanted pain pump that Delivers 12mgs of dilaudid continuously into my intrathecal space. In my spine. My PSA levels are normal and I have been on shots for over a year. My urologist and end said that as long as I was checked I should have no problems with the TRT....considering I had none to begin with. If any of you are on long term opioid therapy,...it will zap all of your testosterone. ..to the point that you feel dead..all over. I know there is alto of controversy about the mess..but I feel like I am 23 I stead of 53.......I will take it!!! With the damage to my spine I am very lucky to have the function I do have!!I am very blessed and I pray all of you guys find the solution for your issues too!!! Take away a guys ability to get and keep an erection. ..and you take away 99percent of what makes them feel manly. All of this stuff should be covered by all insurances! !! We should not have to worry and suffer over any of this. ED..is bad enough but finding out you can not afford it because your insurance will not pay and you gotta pay out of pocket. ...that sucks!!!!!!!!!!
Medically retired. Due to very bad back issues..multiple surgeries. Implanted pain infusion system on long term opiodal meds; hypogonadism and hypothyroid as a side effect from intrathecal pain infusion system. Use low dose generic V

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:46 pm

When I found that my T level was low, my doc prescribed the salve. I priced it and decided it was way too expensive without meds insurance. I ended up getting shots at the doc and later found they were screwing me. I went to my compounder and asked if they ever give T to patients and the gal said they do it all the time. I asked for the names of some docs who prescribe it (my original doc refused to do it).

I ended up with a doc who is a lot closer to my house and got the prescription. It costs me $60 for a vial that lasts 6 months. The syringes are pretty inexpensive and I get them online.

I actually got the T shots when I had total ED and they really boosted my libido and energy levels. That made the ED harder to deal with.

After getting started on injections and getting comfortable with self injecting, I decided I could self inject T.

With no insurance for it, I really don't have a problem with the cost of any of this.

I do have the shrinking testicle deal. I asked my URO about that and he asked if it was a problem for me? Actually it isn't at my age. Who's going to check my balls?

I don't like getting blood work done twice a year though. The last time, the nurse said Medicare wouldn't pay for a PSA test every 6 months. I told her to forget it. I wonder if the doc office screwed up? It wouldn't be the first time.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Return to “General Discussion”