Can't stop leaking!

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
RMDavis

Can't stop leaking!

Postby RMDavis » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:54 pm

Had DaVinci last year and STILL have to wear a pad since I seem to "dribble" all the time. I've tried the exercises and it is better than the first few months after surgery, but I just can't seem to stop the dribble. If I start a stream, I can not stop it, it'll slow down but not shut off. So my question is...does any body else have this problem? If you did and conquered it, HOW?? On another subject (the one most important to all of us), is there a ring out there that will keep my erection after pumping? I have such venous (sp?) leak that the normal rings don't work. Any help at all on these two subjects would be most appreciated.
Also if there is any one in the Tacoma, Wa area that would like to get together for coffee and talk about the issues facing those of us sans prostate, please e-mail me at RodMDavis@aol.com (no spam please!)
Thanks,
Rod
Davinci 1/11 latest psa <.01

regain-is-the-aim

Re: Can't stop leaking!

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:39 pm

Rod:

What does your doc say? I am also a PCa victim with robotic surgery but have not faced the continence issues you have. I would suggest you have a nice long chat with your Uro- and don't wait until your next semi or annual checkup. This issue needs to be looked into. As I understand there are some surgical option that do work for many guys.

Quality of life is too important and with all of our issues this is one item that needs special insight.

With rings there is a ring cushion on the pumping portion that you might try. Again I would have a full discussion with your Uro. I use an Osbon ring at times but do not have a v leak to contend with. The Osbon rings come in 4 sizes and you can experiment to see of a different brand than you currently use will work better. I also understand the some guys use 2 rings and find it helpful.

Good luck and keep asking. You might also join the chat room and ask around. Sorry, not in Tacoma or I would suggest we meet and try a single malt scotch- we're old enough and have certainly earned it.

Regards,

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

Return to “General Discussion”