Venous Leak, Potential topical treatment

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
dtwarren1942

Venous Leak, Potential topical treatment

Postby dtwarren1942 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:32 pm

I have been following a thread on another forum regarding a potential topical treatment to help improve venous leakage by regenerating scar tissue. The thought being pursued is based on the restorative properties of iodine combined with the absorption properties of DSMO. Please see following articles on both substances:

One human study summarized in a PubMed article showed that topical application of DMSO helped in the healing of skin ulcers/hardening caused by sclerosis. Now sclerosis works by pathogenically increasing the amount of connective tissue on the affected site (fibrosis). So this is an indication that DMSO can assist in the dissolution of scar and aberrant connective tissue, at least in skin-related fibrosis.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6576688
It has been used medically to treat abdominal adhesions in humans which were the result of stomach surgery.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9290192

There is also a case report (not a full report detailing the methodology used), but since it's on Pubmed, it's probably not too far fetched. The report basically says that topical iodine successfully regenerated a number of old and new scars that the subject had incurred.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19168293

Members on the other forum with suspected venous leaks are testing to see if the topical application of the two substances together on the base of the shaft and behind the scrotum will result in any improvement in erection quality. It is anticipated that it will take at least three months before any positive results, if any, will start to show.

I will keep you posted.

regain-is-the-aim

Re: Venous Leak, Potential topical treatment

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:21 pm

Dave:

Thanks. Even though this is not my issue, it is good that we as a clan can follow and learn. There is no doubt that much of the progress for many of us will come from unusual places although we must be careful that we research and proceed with care. You are very good at that. We also know there is a lot of "stuff" floating around.

The experience here within FT is akin to a review committee for clinical tests and the big boys should be envious. We are good and you've thrown something additional onto the table. Thanks. Please let us know the results- good, bad or indifferent when they are available.

This is a good place.

Regards,

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

john100

Postby john100 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:59 pm

Do you know where I can buy that specific iodine they are using? Please msg me your email.

Thank you.

john100

Postby john100 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:34 am

Any update on this?>

Return to “General Discussion”