But every now and then, life throws us a lifeline - a gift.

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
PDE5Man

But every now and then, life throws us a lifeline - a gift.

Postby PDE5Man » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:07 pm

Then again, sometimes it's not exactly a "gift". Checked out that guy's site and, sorry to say, I smelled snake oil.
Charging almost $30.00 for an ebook these days is bit over the top. Particularly since there's a major battle going on in the publishing world re the price of ebooks. Amazon and a couple of other sites have grudgingly given in to publishers' demands for raising the price to $14.95 from $9.95 for their ebooks. By giving in Amazon and the others are hoping there will be a subscriber rebellion and the publishers will have to relent. They're banking on an in-place custom of subscribers rating each book. Traditionally subscribers have given lowest ratings to books that are either withheld until the paperback is released or to books that are believed to cost too much. In the mean time this guy is charging twice that amount and in some instances getting away with it all because he's - purportedly - dealing with an "unmentionable", panic-inducing topic among men. How much do paper, ink and storage cost when it comes to publishing an ebook?
My line has always been: what price hardon? In this instance the answer may sound somewhat cynical but I'm afraid the answer is ¡Rebelión, Sí! ... rob
¿Así que qué? Podemos meter la mar en un pozo.

Paul-Mod

Re: But every now and then, life throws us a lifeline - a gift.

Postby Paul-Mod » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:26 pm

"In the mean time this guy is charging twice that amount and in some instances getting away with it all because he's - purportedly - dealing with an "unmentionable", panic-inducing topic among men. How much do paper, ink and storage cost when it comes to publishing an ebook? My line has always been: what price hardon? In this instance the answer may sound somewhat cynical but I'm afraid the answer is ¡Rebelión, Sí! ... rob"

I'm afraid you misread the orgasmicguy site as an ED site. There is no panic involved at all. It is not at all about getting a hardon. It is about integrating and celebrating our male sexuality into every aspect of our lives. He does not even address ED on the site. If you read what he as to say, he talks about his background and how this is an answer to religious repression of male sexuality. As far the price of an e-book, the market will take care of that. If it doesn't sell, he's charging too much. If people pay for it, then it's a fair price.

For me, his site answered a far more basic purpose of my ED site - it's not just about getting the plumbing working, it is about men maintaining or reclaiming their sexuality while fighting the battle of ED - sort of making sure the WAR is won, even though the battle may be a struggle. For many men, their sexuality is shamed base - not for all men, but there are many. Add to that, for most men, ED is a layer of shame as if it were their fault. I talk to guys all the time who can't even talk about it with their wives. Working on rescuing a man's sexuality is the important aspect of this battle for me.
Paul

PDE5Man

Re: But every now and then, life throws us a lifeline - a gift.

Postby PDE5Man » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:55 pm

Forgive me Paul,
I'm afraid it was you who misread my post. It was all about the cost of his ebook and not necessarily about the guy's subject matter. Whatever his thesis, the entire site seems to me to be about downloading his publication which I maintain is ridiculously over-priced. Nevertheless, cannot your statement "For many men, their sexuality is shamed base (sic)" be construed as an "unmentionable", panic-inducing topic"? If you want to isolate one sentence from my post please let it be: How much do paper, ink and storage cost when it comes to publishing an ebook? Rob

Addendum: What's the difference if he's trying to capitalize on the lack of a hardon or capitalize on the presence of a hardon?
¿Así que qué? Podemos meter la mar en un pozo.

Return to “General Discussion”